Brand Manager - Affordable Energy Brands
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Global Marketing team, the Brand Manager's key function is to manage key global initiatives for Affordable Energy Brands (Predator / Fury). Guide the overarching process, marketing programs spanning consumer facing, customer facing and bottler facing activities. Serves as the internal brand champion, driving and developing toolkits, selling stories and communication as well work with internal product development teams and legal to support global initiatives.
The Brand Manager will be responsible for ensuring consistency from trade to consumers, overseeing local activations that include but are not specific to advertising, events, sampling, celebrity endorsements as well as digital content development and instore activation. This role has the responsibility to translate the platform identity through regions and business functions to ensure marketing and trade marketing teams as well as customers understand the brand, its purpose and execution direction.
The person in this role is required to influence and work collaboratively across many departments, projects and regions with multiple stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions:
* Brand Leadership: Create a compelling sense of direction for the brands. Develop clear brand strategies and deliver brand plans to guide the execution in each market. Communicate business plans, results, and key initiatives to internal stakeholders effectively and efficiently.
* Brand Strategy: Lead articulation of brand positioning, product architecture, brand guardrails; and ensure all activities support the brand positioning.
* Business Analytics: Demonstrate a deep understanding of drivers of performance of assigned category and brand. Identify opportunities and issues to drive brand growth and profitability. Responsible for forecast accuracy of ongoing demand to ensure strong in-market execution.
* Marketing Planning/Communications: Collaborate with brand teams in each market to develop compelling brand briefs and implement high impact brand marketing programs.
* Innovation and Renovation: Identify new innovation opportunities; lead the communication with internal NPD for new product development.
* Sales/Customer: Partner with Commercial and Marketing teams to drive business at key customers, including implications for pricing and sizing, evaluate channel specific needs, identify business opportunities, and track new item distribution and performance.
* Insights: Collaborate with insights team to leverage research (historical, secondary) and insights (consumer and supplier research, trends) to drive business planning and brand actions and ensure continuous learning plan.
* People Management: Work closely with country brand teams, commercial teams, country managers, and cross-functional partners to develop the brand in each market.
* Initiate brand projects and communication initiatives to build and develop affordable brands globally.
* Oversee global brand initiatives to ensure POS, sales tools and consumer communications to reflect agreed positioning and marketing mix and roll them out across the business.
* Lead short and long-term brand planning and calendars, working closely with marketing leadership to ensure fully integrated marketing plans are managed effectively according to brand and commercial priorities.
* Build presentations that clearly communicate and sell the brand strategy, guidelines and future growth plans to both internal and external audiences.
* Work with the local marketing teams to build inspiring integrated multi-channel consumer campaigns and content to drive growth and brand saliency
* Work with the local teams on overall brand budget spend and mix to deliver against brand strategy
* Work with the digital team to ensure online presence is supporting and relevant to deliver brand strategy
* Collaboratively work with in market brand teams and commercial teams on trade and customer specific platforms and initiatives.
* Create and distribute updates of marketing content to the organization such as activation initiatives, communication, promotions, event recaps, etc.
* Insight building- support the Global Marketing and regions to identify consumer insights to influence brand strategy and marketing mix.
* Track global brand performance against agreed key marketing success metrics. Drive pro-active understanding and action if metrics not being met.
* Product line management - track and recommend pro-active range management.
* Public Speaking - champion the product ranges with compelling presentations at internal, external or sales meetings as needed throughout the year as well as Training events.
* Manager level or higher experience (5-7 years) in the field of brand marketing, ideally with emphasis on both beverage focused marketing and brand building.
* Clear understanding of brands and the marketing mix
* Strong project management skills.
* Must be decisive and enforce brand standards.
* Experience developing and implementing annual brand plans and budgets.
* A strong focus on results and high degree of business acumen
* Highly motivated self-starter with a strong sense of urgency.
* Strong organizational, communication and personnel management skill.
* Positive attitude.
* Must be a collaborative team player. Ability to identify, network and build key relationships.
* Ability to travel.
* Candidate should possess a bachelor's degree in business or marketing.
* Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Microsoft Outlook, the Internet and social media.