Employment Type: Full-Time
Momentum Solar is a premier residential solar provider with offices throughout the U.S. Founded in 2009, Momentum has grown exponentially over the past decade. We implement the entire solar process to ensure a seamless transition to renewable energy.
The Junior Underwriter is responsible for assisting the Senior Underwriter in analyzing and evaluating a consumer home loan application and the supporting documents to assess borrower's credit worthiness and minimize risk or loss to the company.
* Review the conditions added by the Senior Underwriter at initial approval either as part of the partial conditions review process or final approval review process.
* Analyze credit reports, complex tax returns and financial statements, and associated documentation to determine credit worthiness of borrower
* Calculate income for all types of borrowers; analyze various sources of income
* Escalate possible red flags or possible misrepresentation to the manager.
* Provide feedback to management on workflow efficiencies between the underwriting and processing department.
* Minimum 3 plus years processing Experience or 1 year underwriting experience
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
* Knowledge of investor and agency guidelines and requirements
* Experience in working with Loan origination systems
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong mathematical and computer skills
* Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
Momentum Solar is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.