Senior Product Designers - Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Momentum Design Lab (MDL) we help global brands, fast paced technology startups, emerging software companies, and big tech to solve high impact business challenges through digital experience design. Our engagements span user/customer research, product strategy, design, and software development. We are user/customer experience obsessed, blending both digital product and service design to create experiences that are innovative and transformative to their organizations and their customers. Our approaches are versatile so each project may be unique in workflow and deliverables; from innovation sprints to extensive design thinking exercises, we adapt to meet the ever changing needs of the customer.
What you could be working on as a Freelance/Contract Senior Digital Product Designer at MDL:
No year is the same. Over the past 18 months you may have been designing for one or more interesting challenges such as:
* The 10 year vision of a connected cabin experience for a major automotive company
* Solving for the complexities of brain surgery through 3D, VR, and AR
* The end to end customer experience for one of world's largest telecoms
* Modeling hundreds of billions of dollars for the largest venture fund's portfolio
* Tackling misinformation about pandemics for the largest global health organization
* Fighting human trafficking and drug smuggling at the US border
* Finding obscure cures to major diseases with NLP
* Cyber security for the largest US government agencies
* The experience of the next generation of connected smart refrigerators
* Solving for climate change with carbon offsets credits
* An investment strategies platform for a major financial services company
Who we're looking for:
* You have 4+ years of applicable design experience
* You are an actual digital product designer e.g. you move pixels around with precision and have a portfolio that demonstrates it (no offense to you user researchers, we value you too -- just not for this role)
* You enjoy learning about new industries and are a quick study
* You are looking for opportunities to help brands define their brand's character
* You are a solid visual and interaction designer with the appetite to learn or improve your skills for translating user research insights into actionable strategy
* You enjoy creating modular, scalable wireframes and mockups that creatively apply consistent interface patterns across a variety of use cases and device types
* You can design using Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Principle and can adapt to new tools as they become available
* You can collaborate using Mural, Invision, Zeplin.io
* You know transactional data and what to do with it, thus you eat data visualization for lunch
* You like reducing the friction between the end user and their goals by pushing the limits of artificial intelligence
* You have a keen sense of motion design, 3D, and frontend technologies; or you want to learn
* You love to combine empathy with design to create usable experiences
* You are up for the challenge to chart new markets and invent new industries
* You come with experience, but want to learn new methodologies; can share and collaborate with others on UX/UI guidelines and design patterns
* Your critical thinking skills are a strong attribute which helps you work through abstract and complex processes
* You understand that working at an agency gives you a wide perspective of many industries, processes, budget constraints, timelines, and unique customer needs
* You have an appetite to learn from your peers and share your knowledge
* You have the ability to clearly express yourself and defend what you create, how it drives your process, and most importantly why is it effective.
* You enjoy working with others, collaborating with your team and customers, and understand that there is no I in Momentum
This is a remote position, however, you must be available working hours EST or PST which are aligned with our New York and Silicon Valley offices. If you would like to work full time from our offices, please apply for our full time positions.
* Creating and conducting User/Customer/Stakeholder interviews, Solution Validation Interviews, and Usability Testing
* Conducting current state assessments inclusive of heuristic evaluations and your expert analysis.
* Review and parse user research findings
* Understand, conceptualize, create and communicate user mental models, personas, user flow diagrams, journey maps, and other information architecture deliverables.