Marine Structural Engineers - Mid-Level
Employment Type: Full-Time
Moffatt & Nichol's Walnut Creek or Oakland, CA office is actively searching for Structural Engineers with 4 to 6 years of waterfront/marine focus to perform planning and design for waterfront structures projects, including large and small marinas, ports, terminals, vessel mooring and berthing structures, bulkheads, breakwater and shore protection structures. The ideal candidates will have structural analysis and modeling experience as well as earthquake engineering background..
Duties and responsibilities:
* Perform analysis, design, inspection of waterfront structures, asset management, submarine systems, and other maritime projects
* Structural analysis and design with timber, steel, concrete and composite materials
* Prestressed concrete analysis and design
* Develop plans, specifications, and inspection reports as needed
* Help resolve design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project
* Calculate construction quantity estimates
* Work closely with other architects, engineers, scientists, project managers, etc. on multi-discipline projects
* Office construction administration including review of shop drawings and technical submittals
* Perform construction site inspections and prepare inspection reports
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with Structural focus. A Master's degree in Structural Engineering preferred
* California Professional Engineer license
* 4 to 6 years of marine/waterfront structural design experience related to ports, marinas, vessel mooring and berthing structures, breakwater and/or shore protection structures preferably in the West Coast of the US and/or other seismically active regions
* Background on structural modeling with nonlinear elements and/or soil-structure interaction preferred,
* Experience using:
* SAP2000 (required)
* AutoCAD (preferred
* STAAD (preferred)
* LPile (preferred)
* Microstation (preferred)
* All new hires will be required to successfully complete and pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check in compliance with NIST 800-171
Majority of work is office based. Some site visits may be required which may necessitate navigating unpaved or natural terrain while carrying equipment. Some travel may be required to work with other offices as part of large project teams or to project site in different locations than the candidates assigned office.
Moffatt & Nichol is a global infrastructure advisory firm of 800+ employees in 40+ offices and 7 countries. We provide practical solutions to clients in the marine terminal, transportation, energy, environmental, federal, and urban development markets around the world. We are a multidiscipline professional services firm with specialized expertise in structural, coastal, and civil engineering; environmental sciences; economics analysis; inspection and rehabilitation; and program management solutions.
Moffatt & Nichol's EEO Statement
As a global business, Moffatt & Nichol relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical solutions serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil rights Act of 1964. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Moffatt & Nichol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings.
EEO is the LAW