Clinical Lab Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Cli Lab Scienti
MLK Community Hospital & Foundation
1680 E. 120th St.
United States of America
Reporting to the CLS Lead, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist is a Licensed Medical Technologist whose primary responsibility is to perform laboratory testing on patient's samples. In this capacity the CLS performs the pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical testing and is responsible for quality control, equipment maintenance and all reporting and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Processes samples and performs the required sample transport, accessioning and pre-analytical processing.
* Performs all aspects of laboratory testing and according to standard operating procedures to include pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical phases. Demonstrates the required skill set to solve most problems and handles difficult situations with little or no supervision. Has the written and oral communicative abilities adequate to comprehend technical material and communicate with medical professionals.
* Adheres to the required quality control set up and review. Maintains a level of understanding for quality control requirements for review and approval prior to patient sample testing.
* Performs the required equipment maintenance based on bench assignment within specified timeframes and maintains accurate and complete documentation. Takes the initiate for equipment maintenance log replacement as needed.
* Demonstrates the required competency with instrument/equipment operation. Able to trouble shoot and follow through with service repair to ensure instrument is functioning in a timely manner.
* Adheres to the required documentation when using supplies. Performs parallel testing as required.
* Assists with ordering labeling and putting supplies away-demonstrates self-direction with inventory management.
* Maintains an organized and clean work environment.
* Bachelor Degree - Science
* 1 year clinical Laboratory experience
* CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist License
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Proficient with computer.
Equal Rights Employer
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your application for employment. Please click the link below to view the E-verify or Right to Work information.
E-Verify/ Right to Work
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
1680 E 120th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059