Route Sales and Service Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Mission Linen Supply is currently looking for a Route Sales and Service Manager (Area Manager). The Area Manager is responsible for providing leadership to a team of Drivers (Route Sales and Service Representatives - RSSRs), ensuring unsurpassed customer satisfaction and pushing the depot and district to achieve operational goals. Must have Transportation Management Experience.
Qualified candidates will have excellent customer service skills, a strong business acumen and the ability to provide effective leadership. Requires a thorough understanding of the products and services provided by Mission, an excellent work ethic, a high level of organization, and computer literacy. Directs efforts designed to maximize new business accounts, further the penetration of existing accounts, and is responsible for account retention. Reports directly to the General Manager, District Manager, or Branch Manager.
We are seeking hard working, motivated, and energetic individuals to work for a great company! Mission's culture provides employees a professional, safe and positive work environment with numerous opportunities for growth and success.
BENEFITS: If you are seeking full-time employment with full benefits including; health insurance (medical, dental, vision), a retirement savings program, paid time off (sick, holiday, vacation) and MORE apply today.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assigned to a specific market area with four to six RSSRs as direct reports.
* Manages the daily activities of the RSSRs, including route check-in, route coverage, and route restructuring. Assists in the development of sales strategies and formulation of plans and policies concerning market area definition, product lines, merchandise quality, advertising, and pricing activities.
* Works toward achievement of plant goals such as forecasted volume, account retention, and contract management.
* Administers a recruitment and training program for RSSRs to include, initial orientation, product familiarity, knowledge of company policies and procedures, goals and objectives. Provides continuing education and training relating to account retention, planning, sales techniques and personal appearance.
* Pursues market potential, follows-up, and closes sales with selected customers in coordinated efforts with the General Manager, Sales Representatives and RSSRs.
* Will be required to take a physical agility test and have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Mission Linen Supply is a family owned, privately held company, and a leading provider of products, services, and supplies to hospitality, medical, and industrial businesses. Founded in 1930 and headquartered in Santa Barbara, the company has grown from a one-man operation to a leading player in the linen rental and uniform business across five western states. Mission Linen Supply is widely recognized for its ability to understand, anticipate, and meet its customers 'needs while providing environmentally friendly goods and services.
Mission Linen Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), Affirmative Action Plan (AAP), VEVRAA Protected Veterans, Federal Contractor and Worker with Disabilities employer. Mission Linen Supply is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Worker with Disabilities needing assistance applying please feel free to call HR Office at 805-730-3612.
To be considered for employment with Mission Linen Supply, you will need to apply online at missionlinen.com, select careers and apply for the position you are interested in. We will review your qualifications and will contact you via email or phone if you are selected for an interview.