Manager, Artist Education & Engagement
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Manager of Artist Education & Engagement will manage Minted's learning and development programs for our community of independent artists and creatives. You will also manage Camp Minted, our annual artists conference and our largest learning and social event of the year. Your programs will help us become known as the best place for artists and creatives to learn creative and business skills, develop their careers, and build connections.
The Artist Relations team identifies, develops, engages, and retains Minted's talented community of artists. We nurture Minted's most strategic asset and fuel Minted's mission of uncovering exceptional artistic talent from all over the world.
* Manage and execute artist events and programs to strengthen social bonds in the Minted community, including our annual creative conference, Camp Minted, and artist meetups. Drive a community-building strategy that helps artists build friendships and get support from small interest groups, such as regional chapters or interest-based groups.
* Develop a community-driven education strategy that empowers our artists to share their knowledge with each other and the world. Establish Minted as the premier learning and development community for creative people, including artistic, technical, wellness, and business skills.
* Develop programs that increase artists' interaction with Minted employees (both online and offline), giving artists a strong voice in guiding Minted's business decisions and helping the community understand Minted's business..
* Build non-monetary rewards and fun programming to celebrate small and big victories, build loyalty, and create an inclusive space for creatives to connect with like-minded artists in our community.
* Improve the quality of peer-to-peer critique by offering scalable feedback, coaching, educational opportunities, content, and development programs.
* Lead engagement programs for our CMYK program (our rewards program for top artists), including qualifications, membership, and benefits.
* Passionate about building communities and interpersonal connections, both online and through real-world events.
* A mission-oriented person who enjoys solving problems and helping creative types.
* Adept at juggling multiple priorities, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
* An outstanding communicator, clear and persuasive written and verbal communications.
* Very organized, high attention to detail with impeccable follow-through.
* 4-7 years of work experience with community-building and marketing experience.
* Experience working with artists or creators is a major plus.
* Deep passion for art, design, or other creative fields. Experience as an artist or designer is also a plus, but not required.
* Experience managing large-scale events or conferences.
* An eye for design, and a heart for uncovering and supporting artistic talent.
* High emotional intelligence and will be able to handle sometimes sensitive communication with grace and humility.
Minted is a design platform bringing the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 75 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.