Senior HR/Talent Regional Lead - North America
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
Defined as a communications business for the new marketing age, S4 is a digital advertising and marketing services company established by Sir Martin Sorrell in May 2018.The Group employs close to 3,000 people in 30 countries across The Americas, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific. In the US and Canada, five companies under the S4 umbrella—MediaMonks, MightyHive, Firewood, IMA, Circus—are coming together, with common go-to-market strategies, and, more importantly, with a unified approach to empowering our people and promoting our culture.
The Senior HR/Talent Regional Lead for North America will embody this culture, lead and inspire change, and weave the S4 values into day-to-day operations of its companies. This position will oversee the US and Canada teams. In collaboration with the global leads for Recruiting, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Learning & Development, Change Management and others, this person will be responsible for implementation of regional initiatives, while leading the core operations of HR and benefits.
This role is based in our major hubs in New York or San Francisco and reports to the SVP, Global HR/Talent.
What we’re looking for in this role:
- Operational Excellence:
- Develop best-practice operations and processes that bring all existing teams together for maximum efficiency. Work is both at the individual company level, as well as across the regional S4 umbrella. Also manage for optimal collaboration with other departments in the organization.
- Help lead local implementation and ongoing improvements of S4’s new HRIS system, Workday.
- Partner with the global HR Regional Leaders across S4 to ensure team collaboration and resource sharing is always a priority.
- Team Management:
- Coach, mentor, and develop individuals on the HR/Talent team to provide a high level of support to our 800 employees.
- Provide leadership and guidance on compliance, employee management, benefits best practices, absences and leaves, payroll coordination, legal, immigration, and others for excellent delivery.
- Partner with the SVP to lead a team of HR professionals currently based across three companies to becoming a fully integrated HR/Talent team.
- Regional Leadership:
- Be a trusted advisor to the leadership teams as well as to departmental and operational leaders at all levels in the region.
- Work closely with senior executives on strategic planning as it relates to people (e.g., changes to compensation, organizational design, headcount planning, etc.) and drive implementation of plans throughout the year.
- Amplify our core values and build employee connections; keeping our people informed, engaged, and inspired.
- Collaborate with the global DEI lead in deployment of DEI initiatives in the region. Foster an equal, diverse, inclusive, and fun work environment.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to refine hiring strategies to ensure a positive candidate experience and the hiring of top talent.
- Partner closely Learning and Development team to build upon a performance-based culture focused on setting measurable objectives, driving improvements to performance and process, engendering accountability, and delivering consistent feedback.
- Minimum of 10 + years of people-related experience, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership position in a hyper-growth company.
- Demonstrated track record in leading and executing HR efforts spanning across talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, performance management, diversity and inclusion, employee communications and relations, succession planning, compliance, immigration, training, professional and organizational development.
- Proficiency in using technology to leverage Talent Programs and experience using data and analytics to measure outcomes, gain insights, make decisions and influence others.
- Demonstrated experience in building trust and credibility with the executive team and employees at large.
- Familiarity and comfort in environments where growth and change are the constants, pace is fast and a global mindset is required.
- A “roll-up-the-sleeves” type who can deliver excellence with a lean staff.
- Immigration law/policy experience highly desired
- Comfort navigating the organizational complexities of integrating companies
- Public company experience preferred
- Ad-tech/mar-tech background
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Full coverage health insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee and dependent(s)
- 401K with Company contribution of 3% of salary
- All benefits are effective starting the first day of the month following the start date
- 3 weeks of paid time off in the first year (plus paid company holidays)
- Pet insurance for one furry (or feathery) friend
- Career training and learning opportunities
- And a variety of other benefits and perks