Employment Type: Full-Time
MISSION AND VALUES
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization that develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing Corporation, MidPen Property Management Corporation, and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
Our mission is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony, and mutual respect.
MidPen Housing associates advance a culture of belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity to effectively bridge across differences that are representative of the communities we serve. We seek to have a high performing, inclusive, and engaged workforce that is centered around constant learning.
Under the supervision of the Community Manager, the Janitor is responsible for the upkeep of the project grounds, and supports the maintenance supervisor.
* Picks up refuse daily
* Sweeps sidewalks and parking lots as needed
* Prepares vacated units for re-occupancy
* Sweeps and cleans laundry room
* Cleans common area restrooms
* Vacuums hallway/project office carpet
* Participates in preventative maintenance programs
* Complies with company safety policies and procedures
* Weeds the lawn as directed by maintenance supervisor
* Performs other duties as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma is required and six months janitorial experience or a combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of chemical safety and necessary precautions
* Must possess a valid California Drivers License, auto insurance and reliable transportation
* Commitment to the Mission and Values of MidPen Services and MidPen Housing.
* This position is considered moderately to highly physical and requires a lot of standing, bending, lifting and walking
* Able to stoop, kneel, carry, push and pull, ascend/descend stairs, climb on ladders, climb on roofs, and crawl in confined spaces on a regular basis
* The ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
* Works in all types of weather inside and outside
* Respond to emergency calls at night or on weekends
* Wears protective safety equipment and clothing as needed
This description reflects managements assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, MidPen Housing Corp. will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.#06022021