Lead Architect for the Enhanced Quality & Support Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Microsoft Cloud is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other's ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft's mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Lead Architect for the Enhanced Quality & Support Services (EQSS) organization plays a critical role in shaping the technical strategy and multi-year readiness roadmap for the org, define the pre-sales strategy for complex global deals and enable a customer-centric innovation culture in the org.
The selected candidate can go toe-to-toe with Microsoft engineering teams and blackbelts in technical matters and provide data and insights to enhance the value of services we provide to customers.
Microsoft welcomes and embraces your individuality! The ideal candidate for the Lead Architect role can come in many forms. This individual is passionate about technology and one who possesses a strong subset or combination of the requirements listed below.
We embrace flexible working as a core principle of reinventing productivity, and you'll have flexibility to work from different locations, such as your home office, Microsoft offices around the country, or customer sites
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
* OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 6+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
* OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
* 6+ years technical sales experience.
* 6+ years project management experience.
* Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure).
Relationship Building and Problem Solving
* Experience in managing senior stakeholder relationships to get consensus on tech strategy/priorities.
* Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies, leveraging internal and/or external resources.
Collaboration and Communication
* Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams; Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences at different levels of organizations.
* Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on partner practice building opportunities.
* 6-10+ years of experience in technology solutions, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
* Expert Level Certification in one or more area: Azure/D365/M365 solution architecture, Cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), Modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work closely with the EQSS management community, Customer Success & Support CTO office, Proactive Support Offerings team and WW Learning to define the technical strategy, roadmap and readiness priorities for the EQSS organization.
* Partner with CSS and Product Engineering teams to embed relevant product training into the EQSS learning plans.
* Chair the EQSS innovation council and help prioritize new capabilities and initiatives to enhance the value we deliver to customers.
* Work with EQSS Architects, Pre-Sales Global Belts and offerings team in shaping the presales strategy for complex global deals.
Technical Acumen: The Lead Architect will maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends, opportunities, and competitive insights by staying abreast of various in-person and virtual events delivered by Industry thought leaders such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC, ISG/Saugatuck, TSIA etc.
Technical Event & Community Contribution: Attend Digital Transformation/Technology conferences such as Build and TSIA conference. Participate in technical panels and user groups, provide insights, and contribute work that is shared across communities.