Business Development Manager - ConvertX - West Region - Denver, Phoenix, LA or any major US city
Employment Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. Presents and sells products to new and existing accounts and follows up with these customers to confirm that products delivered meet their needs. Makes in-service presentations to clients, explaining new products and their use. Maintains close relationships with clients to ensure that their needs are understood and met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
1. Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracks individual contributors and their accomplishments.
2. Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovers and explores opportunities.
3. Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluates options; and resolves internal priorities.
4. Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations, examines risks and potentials; and estimates needs and goals.
5. Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; develops and negotiates contracts; and integrates contract requirements with business operations.
6. Establishes and maintains close relationships with new clients and existing accounts by:
* Meeting regularly with clients and accounts to present and demonstrate Merit products and to explain their benefits.
* Identifying potential customers and introducing them to the products offered by Merit.
* Maintaining contacts with clients to monitor their satisfaction with products.
* Identifying opportunities to improve customer satisfaction with products.
* Preparing customized drawings for clients needing custom kits or manifolds.
* Preparing and submitting pricing contracts to clients for products.
* Following up with clients to identify opportunities to increase sales volume and profitability.
* Resolving problems with clients regarding manufacturing or delivery problems.
7. Coordinates marketing and sales staff to ensure that the right products are shipped to customers on a timely basis and in the amount required, to stay informed about new products provided by Merit, and to provide feedback from customers about product needs and possible innovations.
8. Makes decisions within approved authorization limits regarding product pricing to optimize sales volume and profitability.
9. Prepares reports summarizing sales results achieved, contacts made, needs for change in products and suggestions for improvement in Merit's procedures.
10. Participates in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals.
11. Maintains a high level of knowledge about Merit and competitor products and their advantages and disadvantages.
12. Sets and achieves personal performance goals for sales volume, new contacts made, new client sales and other related sales results achieved.
13. Participates as a member of the Merit sales team to improve Merit's ability to increase market share by identifying ways to increase product quality and customer satisfaction.
14. Travels by car, airplane, bus, etc. to perform sales duties with clients.
15. Performs a variety of other related duties, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
* Visual acuity
* Color perception
* Depth perception
* Field of vision/peripheral
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Education and/or experience equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree.
* A minimum of five years of direct sales experience, preferably in selling medical products.
* Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship.
* A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional goals.
* Excellent oral presentation skills and the ability to think quickly to apply facts in analyzing a problem and explaining that answer to a group of medical technicians and clinicians.
* Ability to learn the usage of medical equipment and to identify and explain possible improvements in usage.
* Ability to work effectively as a team member to achieve organization goals.
* Ability to utilize business mathematics to figure percentages, prepare financial and sales information.
* A high degree of personal organization skills, including the ability to record and report information and to document work performed.
* Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
* Ability to travel extensively and work long hours to achieve goals, as required.
* Excellent driving record with no driving accidents in the past three years or no more than one driving ticket in the last three years.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
* New client establishment/existing account maintenance
* Product demonstration
* Customer service
* Customized drawing preparation
* Pricing contract preparation/submittal
* Problem solving
* Product pricing decision making
* Sales reports
* Product knowledge
* Goal setting/achievement
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. Merit currently has an opening at its corporate headquarters in South Jordan, Utah in our Operational Systems Department. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
1600 West Merit Parkway South Jordan, UT 84095