Regional Marketing Lead Lung Cancer - West U.S. Region
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Marketing team is passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers' needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
Our Company's Global Human Health Division abides by a 'patient first, profits later' ideology. Results-driven and motivated, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our Company's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
This position will require outstanding leadership, strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving, collaboration, and strong marketing and strategic product management experience. This Regional Marketing Leader will be responsible for compliantly developing tailored strategies for key regional sales channels and customers and building engagement with top lung cancer scientific leaders. This position will report to the Executive Director, Regional Marketing & Future Strategy for thoracic cancer, and will work in close partnership with cross-functional partners including marketing, field sales, and other functions.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Develop & execute a regional lung cancer scientific leader and regional analytics plan
* Interact with regional lung cancer scientific leaders to gather insights and understand regional drivers & barriers to performance for use in developing real-world regional marketing strategies and materials
* Utilize insights and understand implications to help build commercial strategies through appropriate tactics
* Develop tailored strategies for key sales channels and customers within the assigned region
* Collaborate with cross-functional partners and stakeholders
* Travel throughout the designated region and at times, across the nation for business
Position Location: Virtual/Field based (Western Region)
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Education Minimum Requirement:
* Bachelor's is required
Required Experience and Skills:
* Minimum of 5 years Pharmaceutical business experience
* Minimum 2 years of Oncology sales or marketing experience including lung cancer-specific experience
* Demonstrated leadership experience in Marketplace Assessment, Development of Disease State and Product Strategy, Product Positioning, and Brand Marketing
* Skilled relationship building with Scientific Leaders
* Strong leadership, problem-solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
* Experience with collaboration, influencing without authority, and working successfully with cross-functional teams
* Strategic thinking
* Ability to work within complex organizations and markets and lead sub-teams in support of key marketing strategy areas
* High integrity, demonstrated commitment to compliance and doing things the right way
* Requires 40 - 50 % travel, including overnight, and weekends.
* Sales and Marketing experience
* Oncology Product/Indication Launch experience in the US market
Our Human Health Division maintains a 'patient first, profits later' ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: