Internship - Wealth Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
Mercer Advisors is a comprehensive wealth management firm serving individuals, families, endowments, and foundations. As one of the few firms who can deliver on a full-suite of wealth management capabilities, Mercer Advisors helps our clients with customized financial planning, investment management, proactive tax planning and preparation, retirement planning, estate planning, and corporate trustee services. Our staff of over 500 employees includes advisor teams across ~50 offices who collaborate with specialists including investment strategists, estate lawyers, CPAs, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, to deliver an integrated standard of financial care for our clients.
As a branch intern, you will work collaboratively with fellow colleagues in a Mercer Advisors branch to provide and ensure the highest level of service and positive experience for our clients. Applicants should have strong verbal and written communication skills with background and/or interest in client service, financial planning and/or sales. Individuals must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and be comfortable with a client facing role and working on the phone. The Internship will have a Leadership Mentor throughout the 8 to10 weeks to provide an opportunity to discuss career and industry education.
Essential Job Functions for the Internship will include:
* Utilization of the Contact Relationship Management system to track client information and data
* Acts as an onsite dedicated service associate on a wide range of client issues
* Researching and resolving client concerns in cooperation with Branch Partners and Central Hub
* Placing high priority on client satisfaction
* Adhere to all compliance/risk procedures and follows corporate and industry protocols
* Ensuring that all paperwork, policy and procedures for client requests have been adhered to satisfy company-wide requirements
* Assisting Branch Manager in performing daily key activities for the branch
* Contribute to a positive and empowering environment across Operations Teams
* Other duties as needed
* Ability to work on a team
* Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret
* Communication Skills (written and verbal)
Required Knowledge, Ability and Skills
* High school diploma required
* Enrolled in an accredited bachelor's degree program (industry related discipline preferred)
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, teamwork, and time management skills while maintaining an attention for detail
* Interest and/or passion for development of financial services industry knowledge
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Strong communications skills (written/verbal) and professionalism
* Ability to work independently and remain flexible as priorities change
* If hired for an internship in our Boulder, CO office, there will be travel to the Denver office for a two week internship rotation
Professional office environment. Working inside, siting, standing. Will be assigned to a work station. No heavy lifting over 20 lbs.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by law in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment and employee relations, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.