Lab Technician II
Employment Type: Full-Time
Careers That Change Lives
A career at Medtronic is like no other. We're purposeful. We're committed. And we're driven by our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health and extend life for millions of people worldwide.
We are currently hiring an R&D Laboratory Technician II for our Irvine, California Neurovascular location. The Neurovascular Operating Unit offers an integrated portfolio of devices and therapies for the treatment of hemorrhagic stroke, ischemic stroke, and arteriovenous malformation, as well as the catheter delivery systems required to access the neurovascular space.
A Day in the Life
As an R&D Lab Technician II, you will contribute to the development of life changes care by being a critical part of the R&D infrastructure. Key responsibilities include working with and maintaining critical equipment, maintaining laboratory inventory, working with engineering teams on solutions for lab optimization and improvement, creating and modifying tools used in testing, training on and executing testing when needed, and exercising lab safety for every identified hazard. You will work under general direction and will be expected to support product development as well as released products as needed. The supported technologies will be neurovascular stents, neurovascular access catheters, intravascular devices for aneurysm, and cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) management products.
Responsiblities will include but are not limited to:
* Conducts laboratory support functions such as stocking, supplies, distributing supplies, managing equipment, arranging and dismantling.
* Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems.
* Works from schematics, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
* Maintains inventory of controlled assets.
* Prepares hazardous materials for disposal in accordance with government regulations and local procedures.
* Performs calibration and alignment checks for equipment; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed.
* Prepares tests and test setups for execution and cleans the area when testing has completed. Executes tests when necessary.
* Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or chemical areas.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
* High School Diploma or GED
* Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience and may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience.
Nice to Have
* Trained and certified for hazardous material handling and disposal.
* Trained and certified for radiation safety.
* Machine shop experience developing precisely machined tools and fixtures.
* Strong computer skills including SolidWorks certification and statistical analysis.
* Experience working with cross-functional teams.
* Experience working on electronic components and exercising electrical safety.
* Experienced in performing laboratory experiments and testing.
* Experience performing technical work in an environment regulated by 21 CFR part 820 and ISO 13485.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)