Field Education Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Careers That Change Lives
The Field Education Consultant responsible for creating, coordinating, executing, and managing all aspects of neurovascular training for newly hired and current tenured Territory Managers, Associate Territory Managers, and Clinical Specialists and all other NV positions as needed. Responsibilities of this position will be required to work with the Global Sales Training Team, Marketing, and company leadership to provide sales and medical device training for the field sales team.
A career at Medtronic is like no other. We're purposeful. We're committed. And we're driven by our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health and extend life for millions of people worldwide.
A Day in the Life
* Leading the product/clinical training for a global sales force through the design, development, and implementation of new materials/programs.
* Consult/partner with sales and marketing leaders to identify training needs and creating programs that will assist in growing market share.
* Conduct training for both field-based sales trainers, NV partners, and global training managers at the regional, national, and global level.
* Provide classroom facilitation, support, and leadership throughout all training programs; both collaboratively and independently.
* Follow up with field management on how they can coach Territory Managers and Specialists to build on skills developed during training courses.
* Participate in the full training process, which will include attending or providing trainings both in the USA and overseas, as needed.
* Collaborate with sales trainers on additional projects and initiatives within the sales training team.
* Assist in supporting National Sales Meeting planning and execution.
* Collaborate with Marketing, HR, and sales leaders to deliver and facilitate training in support of marketing launches and introduction of new selling tools.
* Train on product launches to assure sales materials are properly represented and aligned with methodologies and techniques.
* Provide input in the creation of training materials; prepare and facilitate sales training continuum classes (i.e. MACS Selling, virtual courses, etc.) and product launches.
* Consult on the development and facilitation of other courses, presentations, and tools appropriate for the audience
* Coordinate with District Trainers to align consistency with in-house training and product certification requirements.
* Consult and travel in the field with sales representatives and or leadership to assist in product launches and/or case coverage to maintain clinical and technical experience with MDT NV devices.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
Bachelors Degree and 10 years experience in training/education, healthcare or medical device experience.
Masters Degree and 8 years experience in training/education, healthcare or medical device experience.
Nice to Have
* Previous hospital experience in clinical, lab, or technologist role.
* Knowledge in the Neurosurgery, Neurovascular, Cardiovascular or Peripheral medical device industry.
* Medical device sales experience, and or clinical sales support experience.
* Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office
* Advanced Degree or Masters' Degree in relevant area of study.
* Previous experience in project management.
* Extensive medical device marketing experience with demonstrated ability to understand a sales organization.
* Experienced with organizing, developing, and delivering training and device training curriculum.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)