Maternal Fetal Medicine Sonographer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last 40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women's and children's specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of Pediatrix and Obstetrix Medical Groups have used evidence-based tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts who work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Mednax family and help shape the future of health care.
MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
* Physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
* Revenue cycle management solutions
* Performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The diagnostic medical Sonographer provides diagnostic ultrasound tests for patients. The diagnostic medical sonographer works with other members of the healthcare team to provide comprehensive care to patients.
* Prepares patients for ultrasound examination.
* Prepares patients for physicians.
* Explains procedures to the patient prior to the commencement of the testing and provides patient education related to medical ultrasound.
* Explains procedures to assure cooperation and optimum test results.
* Ensures the appropriate consent and/or declinations are obtained.
* Conducts ultrasonic diagnostic procedures and records anatomical, pathological and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician.
* Assists physician during invasive procedures requiring ultrasound guidance.
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Maintains patient charts and records, and records and processes sonographic data and other pertinent observations made during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician.
* Code appropriately for services performed; submit completed billing work sheets daily.
* Notify Patient Service Associate of additional services performed which require authorization.
* Maintains proper operation of the ultrasound equipment. Recognizes equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action.
* Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of ultrasound supplies.
* Maintain archives/records scans.
* Maintains effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
* Acts in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner, recognizing an individual's religious, ethical, and moral opinions/beliefs.
* Recognizes ethical, legal and professional issues inherent in providing care to pregnant women.
* Comply with safety and security training and OSHA standards/regulations.
* Complete all required Compliance Training.
* Participates in staff development, in-service workshops and educational activities.
* Participates in professional development activities and meetings
* Maintains professional affiliations.
* Performs other assigned duties as directed
* An individual must possess a current/valid certification in diagnostic ultrasound.
* Satisfactory completion of one of the following; at least two (2) years in Allied Health Educational Program and one (1) year on-the-job training in ultrasonography, or completion of an approved ultrasonography educational program.
* Maintain or be eligible for certification the American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
* Must provide evidence of continuing education credits to fulfill accreditation requirements.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status