Trade Relations Strategy Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Trade Relations Strategy Manager
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
The Trade Relations Strategy Manager is a client facing role that develops rebate strategies and ensures effective strategy implementation so that MedImpact remains competitive in the marketplace and that the company achieves rebate related objectives for the Company and its clients. This position is responsible for developing, maintaining, and training stakeholders on rebate related Request for Proposal (RFP) questions; development of strategic sales plans used by Account Management and Sales Teams in gaining new business, retaining current business and upselling rebate programs; analysis of large data sets to identify opportunities to improve client savings and MedImpact revenue; development and implementation of strategic plans to improve rebate yield and reduce rebate risk; monitoring of internal and external client satisfaction related to rebates; contract interpretation to ensure rebate guarantee and other requirements are met; proactive development of client specific strategies to increase yield and reduce risk and training of client teams on how to close these opportunities.
What You Get To Do:
* Proactively identifies strategies to increase rebate yield and reduce rebate risk
* Leads the implementation of these strategies with Account Management, Sales, Proposals, Underwriting and other departments and ensures strategies are properly executed and tracked
* Leads all rebate related aspects to support new sales and renewals including RFP answers, develops BAFO sales strategy, represents Trade Relations at Sales Optimization meetings, and assists the Principal of Trade Relations Strategy in underwriting existing client renewals
* Interprets contracts to identify MedImpact and client obligations related to rebates, ensures that the Rebate Strategy and Analytics department properly reflects contract requirements for the guarantee process
* Proactively works with client teams to close gaps in client performance including formulary compliance and formulary optimization
* Supports client teams in clarifying MedImpact's position related to contract disputes
* Analyzes very large data sets to proactively identify areas of opportunity including identifying clients that are not optimizing their rebate performance
* Develops and implements strategies to address these opportunities and tracks results
* Supports the Principal, Trade Relations Strategy in development and execution of internal and external rebate education programs
* Builds strong and collaborative working relationships with other members of Trade Relations department to deliver value to clients and generate revenue and reduced risk for MedImpact
* Keeps up to date on industry changes and seeks additional training via seminars, coursework, and attendance at industry meetings
* Represents the Trade Relations group to senior management as well as department heads demonstrating logical rational for business decisions
Education and/or Experience
* For consideration candidates will need a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) and ten (10) plus years' related experience in the duties listed
* Experience required in PBM, healthcare, and/or prior work with government programs in a related industry
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software including Word, Access and Excel skills required.
Other Skills and Abilities
* Possess proven leadership skills, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), analytical and financial reasoning skills
* Requires experience in operational application of database applications, accounting, finance, and data analysis
* Demonstrated attention to detail and experience leading quality improvement initiatives
Travel - This position requires occasional domestic travel of up to 5% - 10% of the time.
* Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness Programs
* Paid Time Off / Company Paid Holidays
* 401K with Company match
* Life and Disability Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To explore all that MedImpact has to offer, and the greatness you can bring to our teams, please submit your resume to www.medimpact.com/careers
MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.