Employment Type: Full-Time
Tired of long shifts in the ER? Are you looking to pick up extra shifts? Do you routinely engage in conversations with everyone you meet? Do you treat your patients as good, if not better than you would treat yourself? Do you like job perks, good pay, and growth potential? If so, then Medcor may be the right company for you!
Heres why people love working for Medcor:
* Stability! Weve been around since 1984.
* Opportunities galore! Medcor has a lot more to offer than just this job. There are opportunities to move vertically, horizontally, and geographically. Annually, 20% of our openings are filled by internal employees. The fact is, opportunity exists here!
* We have an open-door policy. Do you have something to say? Speak your mind! We encourage it and we look forward to how you can help our organization.
Medcor is looking for Registered Nurses to work on a PRN basis (as-needed) at our occupational health clinic located at Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank, CA. We are looking for nurses who have availability during day, night and weekends
THIS IS NOT A FULL TIME JOB. IT IS PRN/COVERAGE
* Since this is on an as needed basis there are no guaranteed hours. If you have the availability to pick up 4 - 6 shifts per month, we invite you to apply.*
Job duties include participation in all aspects of Medcors daily operations at our clients place of business by performing duties related to Workplace incident triage, emergency response, and treatment for employees, contractors and guests according to the Medcor Care Protocols. Experience in the treatment of minor illness and injuries as well as major trauma and medical emergency management is required.
* Successful candidates will possess solid clinical skills, have at least two years' experience in Occupational Health, Emergency Department, ICU or applicable experience.*
A typical day in the life of a Medcor Nurse:
* Help lead a team that provides customer service to Medcors client and employees
* Treat injuries and illnesses according to Medcors evidence based medicine protocols
* Respond to medical emergencies
* Administer screening and testing
* Work closely with the Environmental, Health, and Safety department
* Provide wellness education
* Document utilizing an electronic medical record
* Assisting with daily clinic operations including clerical, IT, medical supply management, and medical equipment maintenance
* Assisting with Workers Compensation claim initiation (FYI not case management) and OSHA record-keeping
* Have valid unrestricted California RN license and current CPR/BLS certification
* Have a positive and outgoing personality
* Be good at prioritizing and multitasking
* Be willing to go above and beyond to give excellent customer service
* Love people and giving them the best care humanly possible
* Be comfortable working alone or independently in a clinic environment
* Have a minimum of 2 years field experience
* Be able to follow processes and procedures with excellence
* Be good with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with EMR software
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
We dont just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for ourselves. To learn more about Medcors Culture click