IT Audit Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Mechanics Bank is currently searching for a IT Audit Manager based out of our Roseville office. Directs audit projects and manages all compliance audit activities within the designated areas of responsibility. Will focus on the Bank's IT operations and Corporate Security. While supervising auditors (either internal or co-sourced partners), manages and realizes diligent execution of activities and provides reliable feedback of the results, within the determined timeframes, budgets and objectives; and in doing so contributes to enhancing the client's risk control. Assists with strategic initiatives of the Audit Department as required. Attends and actively participates in Internal Bank Committees as appropriate.
* We offer a flexible hybrid model - 2 days remote and 3 days in the office to provide collaboration, employee engagement and culture*
What you will do:
* May directly supervise employees while overseeing assigned function(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; managing and appraising performance; coaching and developing team members; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Organizes and carries out the activities that are related to the job (planning / setting up projects, obtaining the necessary and relevant information from the client, establishing and processing collected information, reporting). Responsible for the deadlines, activities, timeframes and expenditure of all projects.
* Determines, within the framework of the agreements made with the client and fine-tuned with the Chief Auditor, how and when the audit projects will be carried out. Makes decisions regarding the audit planning and the approach.
* Communicates regularly with the Chief Auditor regarding the progress / realization of the assigned audit projects, including the status of major findings (when applicable).
* Operates within the framework of the codes of conduct and professional regulations of the applicable professional audit organizations (IIA).
* Reports regularly to the Chief Auditor regarding the progress / realization of audit projects, the realization of the audit plan and/or related assignments and personal development plan.
* Maintains operational contacts with key stake holders to keep abreast of emerging risks and key compliance risk indicators, communicate the status of audits in progress, and keep management informed of ongoing compliance audit activities.
* Follows up on outstanding corrective actions/audit findings to confirm satisfactory implementation.
* Participates in development of annual audit plan.
* Completes risk assessments and other account management activities as required.
* Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
Who you are:
* Be proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
* Have strong leadership, influencing, motivating and negotiating skills with the managerial courage and confidence to confront difficult issues with the appropriate response.
* Keep abreast of new developments within the compliance profession.
* Maintain knowledge of Bank's activities and their operating environments (inside and outside the Bank).
* Possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
* Be able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines and reporting requirements.
* Have exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
* Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Be able to make and support sound decisions.
* Demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgment.
* Exhibit high degree of confidentiality in handling and accessing sensitive information.
* Be able to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures.
* Be able to travel outside of assigned region (approximately 25% of the time), including overnight travel which may include air travel. Routine travel to Bank locations using personal vehicle may be required.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience required with minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in internal audit in a financial institution or consulting firm with specialization in financial services. Minimum of 5 years in an audit or compliance leadership role managing a dispersed staff balancing several concurrent projects. Demonstrated compliance and operational acumen. Must possess in-depth knowledge of internal audit, compliance, financial services and anti-money-laundering programs.
* Required to have or be in pursuit of one of the following certifications:
* Certified Internal Auditor
* Certified Public Accountant
* Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
* Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
* Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection as a California Resident, please visit https://www.mechanicsbank.com/California-Consumer-Residents