Field Service Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Mechanics Bank is seeking their next Field Service Technician to join their team for our Roseville, CA Headquarters.
Responsible for a variety of technical duties involved in maintaining and improving the Bank's IT infrastructure in the field and outside the data center environment. Performs activities related to Bank personal computers, servers, printers, switches, routers, phones, and other computer peripherals. Will be assigned to support one or more geographical region(s) of responsibility and required to travel to various locations to perform job duties.
What you will be doing:
* Installs, configures, troubleshoots and resolves computer, network, telephone, and peripherals in the field. Plans, coordinates, and implements software and hardware changes on workstations, servers, routers, and switches in field locations and not in data center environments.
* Responsible for onsite deployment of new bank technology equipment including, servers, computers, routers, switches, ATMs, mobile devices, new applications, etc.
* Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory information, and overseeing Information Technology equipment within assigned geographical region(s).
* Maintains clean and fully functional regional server rooms throughout the geographical support region(s).
* Maintains functioning spare equipment in in order to supply rapid response times to hardware failures.
* Completes and creates Service Desk work orders for issues that arise or are reported in the field and ensures they are completed within the previously agreed Service Level Agreement guidelines.
* May act as upper level support to clients to support more complex projects or customer service issues.
* Evaluates new PC software and hardware to determine usefulness and compatibility with existing software and hardware.
* May be assigned to document, coordinate, plan, and execute project initiatives.
* Builds rapport with client base to provide quality customer service to staff.
* Responsible for providing accurate data for monthly/yearly reporting of metrics to management.
* May be responsible for assisting in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables. Responds to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
* Responsible for communicating and coordinating with users on required work orders and/or any other related duties.
* Performs all other job duties as assigned by manager.
Who you are:
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
* High School Diploma required, and a Bachelor's degree is preferred.
* Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and provide consistent results towards bank initiatives.
Required Certifications: A+, N+ and Security +
* Other certifications that meet or exceed this criteria may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
* Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
* Possess excellent human relations, communications and business writing skills.
* Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
* Able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines and reporting requirements.
* Demonstrate teamwork in facilitating workflow.
* High level of cooperation with others and responsive to the Bank's needs.
* Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
* High level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Able to make and support sound decisions.
* Consistently demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgment.
* Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive customer or employee information.
* Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
* Able to work effectively without direct supervision.
* Able to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures.
* Must be able to travel throughout assigned geographical region(s) to perform required duties daily.
* Ability to travel outside of the assigned geographical region(s) to support bank project initiatives (less than 10% of the time).
* Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection as a California Resident, please visit https://www.mechanicsbank.com/California-Consumer-Residents