Nursing Implementation Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
At McKinsey, you can build a career out of making things happen! You'll be working with McKinsey Implementation - a rapidly growing capability for our firm - in one of our North American offices. As a member of MI, you'll work collaboratively with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
You will help clients build capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
Focused on hospital operations engagements, you will draw on your nursing experience to lead clients through hospital operation improvements such as case management operations, scheduling, customer experience, etc.
Your primary long-term projects will be closely related to our traditional projects and will provide clients with decisive support in the introduction and implementation of strategic consulting concepts in lean manufacturing, service, and supply chain management.
You will engage at a deep level across our clients' businesses, working in small McKinsey teams, but often working with many clients, to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results with an aim to ensure those results will be sustained. Our work is about coaching and delivering lasting outcomes.
* BSN degree; advanced degree preferred
* 3+ years of clinic or hospital based nursing experience and experience that includes some of the following: utilization management, workforce planning, case management, patient workflow, decision support.
* Experience with change management/performance improvement efforts
* Superior problem solving and analytical skills
* Demonstrated experience and a passion for coaching or mentoring clients
* Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
* Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days/week)