Manager - Senior Partner Learning Journey
Employment Type: Full-Time
You will work with colleagues from the partner learning team to shape a portfolio of project leadership roles that reflects your passions, develops you as a professional and contributes to our mission to develop McKinsey's most senior leaders. Your success will depend on close collaboration with our broader firm learning team. This includes fellow learning journey managers, learning delivery specialists, learning solution architects and experts (from our design center of excellence) and digital learning experts.
You will have frequent interaction with partners passionate about learning, professional development managers, office learning colleagues and other people-function stakeholders across cells. In addition, you will have opportunities to collaborate with leaders and learning colleagues across the firm's practices and global people functions - including HR, people operations and talent.
You will drive capability building on the firm's most pressing priorities and innovate in the way we engage our partners.
In this role, you will be responsible for setting curriculum strategy, curating gold standard content, developing new partner learning experiences and measuring impact. You will build a deep understanding of partners' and senior partners' developmental needs as well as the strengths of existing learning channels by conducting comprehensive needs analyses to inform learning strategy. You will surface key insights around how partners work, the mindsets, skills and knowledge required, and common pitfalls.
You will provide end-to-end ownership of specific learning offerings and work to ensure overall impact from specific programs and offerings. You will master program content and develop the strategy to evolve this content over time. You will create new learning solutions including blended learning, in-person, digital and on-the-job learning, and apprenticeship. You will also curate content and, where necessary, generate distinctive content - core frameworks and concepts, ideas from inside and outside the firm, etc. You will build expertise in multiple attributes of our leadership development model.
In addition, you will assess overall impact of the learning agenda including surveys/data collected at programs, on digital assets and for the broader cohort's development. You will manage the programs to ensure quality of experience, transference of learning and behavior change, post-program learning reinforcement, faculty performance and health, program enrollment/ utilization, and efficiency. You will foster professional development and growth for self and others - e.g. coaching and mentoring, expanding our knowledge, reputation and capabilities.
* University degree with excellent academic record; advanced degree preferred
* 6 years of experience ideally in a professional services environment; talent management or learning and development experience is a plus
* Ability to build trusted peer-like relationships across a broad range of impact levels and profiles
* Creativity to imagine and explore new ideas as well as the ownership and drive to bring them to life through agile pilots and at-scale programs
* Passion for learning, leadership and talent development
* Excellent problem-solving, project management and collaboration skills
* Maturity, confidence and relationship skills-in particular, some experience acting as a thought partner to partners and senior partners leading specific initiatives
* Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing