Employment Type: Full-Time
McKinley: Youth, Family, and Community are what we are all about! We offer a great working environment and benefits package! McKinley encourages growth so that you can Be your Best H.U.M.A.N.
At Mckinley employees share a set of guiding principles: We embrace a culture that is Hopeful, Understanding, Moral, Awesome, Nurturing. - H.U.M.A.N.
The Company: McKinley is a highly respected welfare organization with a comprehensive array of programs and services which touch nearly 1,800 lives annually include short term residential treatment program (STRTP), Foster Care, Adoptions, Mental Health Services, and Special Education. Mckinley has 5 locations throughout southern California with our main campus located in San Dimas. We embrace a culture that is H.U.M.A.N.- Hopeful, Understanding, Moral, Awesome, Nurturing. Mckinley has created a Hopeful environment, in which we choose optimism in finding the motivation to achieve our greatest dreams. We are a team dedicated to Understanding individual needs and do so by listening and embracing each individuals stories. We strongly embrace our agencys Morals by treating everyone with kindness and respect. At McKinley, we acknowledge our team members and clients Awesome qualities by celebrating what makes each individual unique. We are dedicated to Nurturing a Trauma-Informed Integrated Care approach that has created a unique culture within the organization. We celebrate diversity by our commitment to cultivating an inclusive and affirming environment for all.
The Position: We are looking for a TBS Coach, who is willing to embrace Mckinleys mission and H.U.M.A.N values. The TBS Coach is responsible for providing Therapeutic Behavioral Services in alignment with the TBS model to target a reduction of behavioral symptoms.
Compensation and Benefits:
The pay range were offering is $16.50 - $18.75 per hour depending (Based) on experience.
Our people are the heart of our organization, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being.
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance- we offer a company defined contribution of $500/month
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account
* Paid Time Off
* Sick Time
* Paid Holidays
* 403(b) retirement plan with company match up to 3%
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Referral Bonus
* Credit Union Membership
* Training Opportunities to Further Personal and Professional Growth
* A Bachelors degree
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in a group home, hospital, SED designated classroom, day treatment or other equivalent setting
* Microsoft Office; General Typing Skills
* Ability to learn and use mental health software.
* Must pass pre-employment physical exam, TB and drug screening
* Must have ability to commute to various sites on campus
* Ability to physically restrain children if needed
* DOJ, FBI, Child Abuse Index
* Insurability Under Corporate Automobile Insurance
* Implement the TBS service plan by providing interventions that increase the childs/youths social and community competencies by building or reinforcing daily living skills that will assist the child/youth in living successfully at home and in the community.
* Provide face-to-face services to the child or youth for whom services are authorized
* Provide pro-active interventions to assist in resolving behavior.
* Provide services in a manner that decreases symptoms, and not foster dependency
* Accompany child to various activities when deemed appropriate, and is part of treatment.
* Provide Collateral TBS with parents/caregivers.
* Provide immediate behavioral reinforcements and time structured activities.
* Use independent judgment and discretion in identifying appropriate intervention strategies and self-initiating treatment interventions
* Assess the effectiveness of services and change service delivery as needed
* Provide crisis intervention services as needed
* Develop an understanding of the McKinley treatment model
* Adhere to mental health requirements regarding activities, structure and documentation.
* Work cooperatively with an inter-disciplinary team to plan and implement mental health services
* Monitor at-risk behaviors and intervene appropriately.
* Communicate appropriately and professionally with all employees, children, families and other individuals. Resolve staff-related conflicts as needed.
* Attend all required orientation classes, training sessions and meetings as assigned.
* Complete all required documentation including daily notes and rosters in a legible, professional manner consistent with the guidelines set forth by federal and state laws and regulatory agencies.
* Conduct all interactions with children and families with respect; mindful of treatment plans with extra attention to specialized plans.
* Participate in the agencys PQI process as assigned.
* Other related duties as assigned.
Why Should You Apply?
* Our Mission- work for an organization that makes a real difference in peoples lives
* Competitive pay
* Several benefit options
* Employee tuition reimbursement
* Great training for staff
Join McKinley to Be Your Best H.U.M.A.N.
McKinleys response to COVID-19: The safety of the families, children, clients we serve as well as our valued team members is our priority. We want to make sure everyone at McKinley feels safe and welcomed. We are taking all the necessary precautions and safety measures to maintain a safe environment throughout our different locations. We are providing PPE to our team members and visitors along with practicing social distancing measures.