Tax Intern - Spring 2023
Employment Type: Full-Time
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
* 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
* 2020 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
* Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
* 2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
* 2021 Vault Rankings - 5th Best Accounting Firm for Client Interaction
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review, and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
Essential Functions & Primary Duties
* Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple tax assignments in Real Estate, Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing and many more industries
* Prepare and review federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations and individuals
* Develop tax compliance knowledge and assist with IRS audits, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
* Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
* Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
* Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
* Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
* Master's degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
* Active participation in student organizations or work experience in accounting or a related field is a plus, but not required
* Working towards a Bachelor's degree
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and tax project management skills, including knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, codes and regulations
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
* Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling [ Phone number blocked ] (toll free) or send an email to [ Link Removed ] .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages [ Link Removed ] and [ Link Removed ] .
[ Link Removed ]