Forensic & Litigation Intern - 2021
Employment Type: Full-Time
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
* 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
* 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes
* 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
* 2021 Vault Rankings - 5th Best Accounting Firm for Client Interaction
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
The Forensic and Litigation Intern works as a member of the Client Services group and can expect a diverse experience ranging from accounting procedures for litigation engagements to the performance of business appraisal and valuation services. This position performs many of the duties of an entry level forensic accountant including working directly for corporate clients, under the supervision of upper level management.
This is a part-time or full-time internship position, the intern is expected to work at minimum 24/hrs (part-time) - 40/hrs (full-time) a week.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
* Performance of preliminary valuation, forensic, and appraisal analyses, including development of comparative adjusted financial statements and data input for expert witness exhibits
* Gain an understanding of accounting framework, tax law, and audit methodologies and their applicability to the litigation environment
* Develop knowledge of the relevant statutory and family codes and their applicability to accounting principles in performance of forensic accounting
* Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
* Create forensic and economic models for presentation of forensic conclusions
* Execute complex technological procedures within industry standard accounting systems
* Identify and communicate case issues, findings, and improvement opportunities with senior associates, managers, and partners to resolve client issues discovered during engagements
* Work with discovery team to inventory and reconcile documents and data produced in preparation for submission to courts, attorneys, and clients
* Assist in preparation of exhibits and background information for expert witness testimony
* Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
* You are working towards a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field
* Master's degree
* No experience is required
* Working in accounting or a related field
* You have excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and tax project management skills, including knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, codes and regulations
* You have the ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
* You are actively involved in a student or community organization
* You have basic Microsoft Office Suite skills, Outlook and audit software skills
* You have strong verbal and written communication skills
* You have time management skills and the ability to multi-task