Principal MTS IC Design - Power
Employment Type: Full-Time
Want to make a difference and be challenged every day as part of one of the largest global semiconductor companies in the world? Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.3 billion company with offices and manufacturing sites around the world. Within the next several months, Maxim Integrated and Analog Devices are anticipated to combine to create a company with $8B combined revenue, and enhanced product breadth and scope.
Now is the time to beat the crowd and join Maxim today as part of a team that pushes the boundaries of what's possible. This merger will create the dream team of the analog and mixed-signal market with a combined engineering talent pool of over 10,000 engineers.
With the anticipated merger, you will have a significant opportunity for career growth with 15,000+ employees and $1.5 billion in combined R&D investment.
From the day we first opened our doors in 1983, we've attracted and nurtured some of the best problem solvers, creative thinkers, and innovators in the business. We develop the high-performance analog and mixed-signal electronic products that are in the latest cars, smartphones, wearables, hearables, gaming devices, robots, factories, IOT devices, the cloud, and more.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now to be part of this incredible future!
Job Description Summary:
* Definition and design of high-performance power and mixed-signal circuitry
* Design and architecture optimization to improve performance and cost
* Transistor-level design contributing to overall product advantages
* Design performance validation using SPECTRE and AMS simulation environments
* Layout planning and mask designer supervision
* Macro-modeling of circuitry to support system- level verification
* Producing thorough design documentation to support other functional areas
* Validation circuit performance in the lab
* Project team interactions to coordinate assignments and solve problems
Minimum Qualifications - Education & Experience
* BSEE/MSEE +10 year of experience; Ph.D. + 5 years of experience
* Design experience in Integrated Switching Regulators
* Design experience with general purpose Analog & Mixed-Signal designs
* Experience in Linear regulators
* Chip lead experience a plus
* Strong intuitive and analytical understanding of transistor level circuit design
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Non - Manager
Pay Rate Type:
Eligible for Relocation:
Eligible for Work Visa Sponsorship:
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations; including but not limited to US Government International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), or US Treasury Regulations. If required, placement is contingent on Maxim's ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Maxim is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.