Employment Type: Full-Time
The Sales Representative sells company products or services in an assigned area or territory. This role develops sales leads and creates new customers, builds business relationships with new and existing customers, and exudes thorough knowledge in the products and services being offered to the customer.
* Compiles catalog of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
* Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers and pursue orders or talks with customers by phone.
* Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features and benefits.
* Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained. Provides credit applications and assists in the collection of past due accounts.
* Estimates date of delivery to the customer, based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules.
* Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
* Prepares reports of business transactions and maintains expense accounts.
* Coordinates customer training.
* Enters new customer data and sales data for current customers into a computer database.
* Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
* Successfully and consistently achieves sales quotas.
* Attends state and regional trade shows.
* Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Sales or related field
* 6+ years of progressive business experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required
* A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
* Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization industry who is committed to helping customers grow their businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue generating programs and services. Within this industry, our Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Apply now '