Staff Product Designer, Core Product
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters- Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Own and lead end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design (including vision, user research, ideation, visual design, and prototyping) for a specific product area
* Partner strategically with Research, Product, Engineering, and Data Science leads to drive product decisions, roadmap and execution
* Partner with our Design Systems team to create scalable design solutions
* Provide mentorship, direct and impactful feedback to other designers on the team, and helping designers on adjacent product teams grow their skills
* Be data-driven and have a strong desire to constantly improve the MasterClass product experience
* 8-10+ years of experience in user experience, visual design, and prototyping for consumer web/mobile interfaces
* Lead in a collaborative cross-disciplinary environment
* Attention to detail and strong visual skills and show mastery of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
* Expertise with proven and emerging tools for interface design and prototyping, including Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience mentoring other designers, providing thoughtful, direct, and clear design feedback
* Ability to translate business goals with design solutions that drive meaningful product value
* Highly developed presentation and storytelling skills
* A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
* You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role
* Previous experience working in edTech or online learning a plus
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.