Tower Technician III
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are looking for a career in a rapidly expanding, growth oriented industry. MasTec Network Solutions has an exciting career opportunity for you! We are a telecommunications services company that offers wireless network operators a variety of services such as Equipment Installation and Commissioning, Microwave Engineering, Civil Construction, Maintenance, and EF& I Services. We also provide structured, in-class and field training services to people interested in a career as a Tower Technician. As an experienced Tower Technician you will lead and assist in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communications tower and support structures. Being a Tower Technician is not for the faint at heart but with MasTec Network Solutions it can be an exciting and challenging career opportunity. Tower Technicians work irregular hours, travel frequently, and work at great heights in extreme weather conditions. At MasTec Network Solutions we recognize our success depends on our exceptional technicians they work hard so opportunities and incentive programs are in place that recognizes top performers for a job well done. If you truly have what it takes to be a strong leader and you want to help pave the way for the next generation of Telecommunications Technicians, this is the place to build your career! We are a reputable company that rewards your hard work. We also offer competitive compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities.
Required Skills As a Tower Technician III, your responsibilities will include:
* Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
* The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
* Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
* The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
* Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
* Communicating orally and in writing.
* Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
* Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner.
* Act as a team lead and mentor to less experienced Tower Technicians.
* Must have the ability to traveling extensively within assigned region.
* High school diploma or GED equivalency
* A minimum of 4 years tower experience
* Industrial first aid
* Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions per prints
* Organized with a strong attention to detail and capable of working with minimum supervision
* Demonstrated expertise in construction skills, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge.
* Extensive rigging experience with ability to pass Rigging Course
* Familiarity with crane signals and gin pole operations
* Complete installation of lighting systems with the ability to troubleshoot
* Working knowledge of safety standards and regulations
* Must have the ability to climb towers, be able to pick up 50 lbs., and be capable of working up to 12 hours on occasion.
* Individuals must have a valid driver's license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions.
* Must be available to work weekends and/or nights, in extreme weather conditions if necessary, and be willing to travel extensively.
* Must be able to work out of market or away from home as work demands.
* Other duties as required.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.