Massage Therapist Full Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our company mission is to create a professional, seamless and lasting experience for every Client and we strive to do the same for our Team Members.
We believe that when a Client comes to us, they are buying the experience created by our team and since our founding, we have invested in our team members in ways that demonstrate our appreciation. Because of that, we have team members that have been with us since the day we opened our first location in 2008. We'd love to meet with you and discuss why we think you'll love working with us too.
(We have locations in Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach (Seacliff), Orange, & Irvine.)
Massage Envy have made safety of employees and clients top priority in our clinics. We have adopted safety protocols based on CDC guidelines to be able to continue providing first in class customers service to our members and guests and keeping our employees safe.
What We'll Accomplish Together
Help people feel their best by meeting or exceeding their individual needs and upholding the Massage Envy brand's core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
* Must follow all Massage Envy policies and protocols.
* Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
* Utilizes Massage Envy approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
* If performing hot stone, deep muscle or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
* Maintain professional appearance at all times.
* Design specific sessions based on member's/guest's individual needs.
* Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
* Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
* Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
* Completes Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
* Other duties as assigned.
Benefits, we are very proud to offer:
* Guaranteed Hourly Minimums with an opportunity to earn up to $25 per hour, before tips
* Paid Training and Development
* Flexible Schedules with Paid Sick Leave, Paid Time Off, and Unpaid Time Off
* Medical Insurance available for Full Time Employees
* Dental/Vision/Chiro Insurance available for all Employees
* 401K Profit Sharing Plan available after 1 year
* Free Massage and Skin Care Services
* Complimentary and Discounted CEUs Available
* Company Injury Prevention Program-stretching, extra breaks, and body mechanics training
* Discounted Retail and Additional Services
* $500 Sign On Bonus!
What it Takes to Succeed
Education, Skills and Training:
* Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school and a certificate of completion.
* Participates in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
* Satisfactory results of background and reference check is a condition of employment in this position.
* Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
* Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities offered by Massage Envy.
* Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
Communications and Personal Interactions:
* Have a strong customer service orientation.
* Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management.
* Maintain client confidentiality.
* Massage Envy Franchising, LLC ('MEF') is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.