UX Interaction Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time
For over thirty years, Masimo has been expanding the boundaries of noninvasive monitoring to improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of care. Today, Masimo delivers a portfolio of hospital-trusted monitoring solutions to help increase patient safety, health, and wellness in the hospital and at home. When you join our team, you'll be part of a culture that's driven by passion, challenging the status quo, and making an impact in the lives of others.
Masimo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Interaction Product Designer is responsible for discovering opportunities for improving user experiences across full line of medical devices and products. You will design original solutions providing a positive effect for our clinical clients and ultimately patients.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Create a simple and intuitive user experience from complex concepts and requirements;
* Produce design assets that include user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity comps, design prototypes, and design specifications;
* Present designs and concepts to the team communicating interaction, experience and design goals;
* Work collaboratively with other Designers and Engineers;
* Challenge traditional thinking in medical user interface and product design;
* Understand how to incorporate research, usability data and customer feedback to positively impact the product design and improve user workflow;
* Performs other duties or special projects as requested;
* 5+yrs professional experience as a User Interaction and Experience Designer
* Strong background focused on Mobile and Web design
* Able to conduct, document, and present findings from user centered research
* Strong storyboarding and rapid visualization skills
* Must have full design cycle experience including: concept, design, prototype and documentation
* Excellent eye for layout, typography and color
* Ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines
* Works well independently as well as with teams in a complex environment
* Prior experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, Power Point and Excel
* Background in industrial design, human factors, design/research or graphic design
* B.A/M.A degree in interactive design, industrial design, graphic design, or equivalent is required
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver's license is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.