General Manager Santa Rosa East
Employment Type: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
Responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of the restaurant location. Manages all facets of restaurant operations. Ensures all restaurant activities, including the food that is served, cleanliness off the facility, safety and training of the staff, and the service provided to our customers, reflect The Mary's Way and enhance the reputation of Mary's Pizza Shack.
* Maintain Mary's Philosophy of Shack Class Service Standards
* Maintain Scorecard Standards
* Maintain TOP budgeted goal per Quarter of 90% or better
* Must reach at least minimum goal on Safety Score Sheet
* Maintain strict cash controls
* Develop and coach assistants for promotion
* Serv Safe certified
* Strong communications skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job.
* Controls the sales and profitability of the restaurant.
* Establishes and monitors standards for restaurant including but not limited to personnel administration and performance, service to guests, advertising, outside marketing and publicity.
* Develops and implements the business plan for the restaurant location to meet annual and strategic goals for profitability, food sales revenue, customer count and expenses.
* Monitors overall condition of restaurant, public areas, and outside grounds; ensures that deficiencies are rectified.
* Develops, implements, and monitors restaurant budget; oversees all accounting functions.
* Ensures compliance with all government regulations, policies and procedures, including OSHA, Department of Health, Fire Department, etc.
* Maintains visibility and accessibility to guests, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure restaurant is performing at established standards.
* Ensures that guests needs are fulfilled and their dining experience is as pleasurable as possible; responds to guest feedback, including complaints/problems.
* Establishes par levels for supplies and equipment; monitors and maintains proper inventory levels; authorizes purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
* Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure restaurant remains current.
* Ensures all kitchen and food and beverage operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
* Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all beverage selections available and characteristics/description of every wine/champagne on the wine list and by the glass; all menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, presentation, and prices.
* Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
* Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all guests.
* Ensures follow through and communication of all company changes are addressed to appropriate departments.
* Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops restaurant staff; manages schedules and workflow.
* Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
* Takes ownership and pride in passing on the Mary's Pizza Shack traditions. Teach new employees about Mary's values and traditions.
* Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Mary's Pizza Shack.