Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Business Insurance
Reports To: Director of Operations
Provide support for client administrators in servicing all lines of business insurance in accordance with departmental objectives and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist client administrator in providing service to accounts as additional experience, knowledge and familiarity with processes and procedures of file maintenance and day-to-day tasks is achieved.
* Process client invoices, endorsements, certificates, binders, coverage policies, finance agreements and audits.
* Ordering and reviewing loss run and claim status reports.
* Documenting client files regarding action items, follow up of outstanding issues, and completed tasks.
* Complete applications as needed.
* Create certificate notebooks.
* Managing expiration lists.
Process incoming mail to include policies, endorsements, invoices, loss control reports and loss runs.
* Verify items needed to check incoming policies are available in imageright prior to providing the policy to the client administrator.
* Set up original policies in binders.
* Draft a summary of insurance for the client administrator to review.
* Verify that endorsements are accurate, prepare the invoice, transmit a signed copy to the client and close the corresponding diary entry in imageright.
* File monthly installment and direct bill invoices, loss runs, and loss control reports.
Assist client administrator in handling business after the sale has been made and preparing for the marketing of renewal business.
* Set up marketing folders and renewal workflow schedules.
* Set up renewal policy files in imageright.
* Gather and confirm information regarding new and renewal business through telephone and email contact with underwriters and clients.
* Become proficient in the use of technology systems, software and tools such as imageright, bar coding and scanning used to perform duties.
* Establish and maintain positive and effective working relations with other associates and clients.
Education and/or Experience:
* A bachelor's degree or ability to receive the degree within two to three months, or a minimum of 1-2 years industry property & casualty experience showing increasing responsibility directly related to the performance of the above duties is required.
* Obtain and maintain a valid, unrestricted california fire & casualty solicitors license.
* Achieve an aai designation as well as have willingness to pursue continuing education in the form of insurance designations and professional development training.
* Proficient with microsoft office software (word, excel, and outlook).
* Must maintain a high attention to detail when working at a varying pace and managing multiple tasks with adjusting priorities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
* Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as use office machinery such as fax and copy machines, and telephones.
* Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
This position is not eligible for remote work in Colorado. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & Mclennan agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401k, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.