Employment Type: Full-Time
Mercer is seeking qualified candidates for the following position based in the Los Angeles office:
Compensation Consultant/Compensation Manager
What can you expect?
The Compensation Consultant is central to our project teams. They manage client projects, draft client presentations, assist in providing consulting advice, and formally and/or informally manage a team of analysts and Associates, providing feedback, technical review, and development. The Compensation Consultant is responsible for managing client projects that focus on broad-based and executive compensation topics
Key responsibilities include:
* Plans and manages execution of projects, likely with multiple work streams
* Executes project delivery in line with strategic direction from senior consultant
* Independently facilitates client meetings and acts as a trusted advisor to clients
* Identifies new business opportunities with clients and manages proposal process
What's in it for you?
* We offer a competitive salary with annual bonus opportunity
* Generous paid time off - core medical and dental benefits plus other ancillary benefits
* Opportunity to grow your career and showcase your talent in a global organization
We would like you to have:
* BA/BS degree
* At least 7 years' experience in broad-based rewards/compensation
* Experience managing multiple internal or external clients
* Deep analysis and reporting experience -- skilled in data manipulation and analysis using spreadsheet software, and developing written reports which summarize analysis and provides interpretation in the context of the challenge faced by the client
* Management Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, and coordination of people and resources.
* Compensation: Knowledge of compensation principles, e.g., job benchmarking, salary structure design, job architecture
What makes you stand out:
* Consulting industry experience managing multiple client deliverables
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously on a variable schedule based on project demand and link compensation challenges to broader business or industry context
* Knowledge of executive compensation
* An active listener -- giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.