Client Manager - Retirement Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Employee Health & Benefits
Reports To: Principal, Retirement Services
The Client Manager provides advice and assistance requiring technical and industry knowledge and client service skills to meet client needs and resolve difficulties. Client Managers are responsible for retention of existing business and the development of new business within assigned accounts. This position may occasionally perform in the capacity of a Client Executive Service for specifically assigned accounts to oversee the preparation of and providing renewal and new business presentations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Act as the initial point of contact for Clients, Carriers and others on the Client Service Team in the following areas:
* Under the direction of the Client Executive, this position is responsible for reviewing contracts, plan documents, Summary Plan Descriptions and other legal documents for accuracy and ensuring all material is sent to client in a timely manner
* Assist to ensure client compliance with annual plan testing and coordinate form 5500 filing procedures as applicable.
* Work closely with and instruct carrier representatives and Client Service Teams to ensure smooth implementation of new retirement plans.
* Establish and consistently maintain effective and positive working relationships with carriers, clients and Client Service Teams.
* Guide and mentor Retirement Analyst throughout the process of gathering Client census and retirement plan information used to prepare materials for new business presentations, renewals and open enrollment meetings.
* Explain client needs and concerns focusing on how various plan designs and recommendations address those issues.
* Review renewals, new business presentations, and enrollment materials to ensure they are accurate and complete in content, are compliant with company and regulatory guidelines, and reflect a professional appearance.
* Ensure that client files and documentation are maintained in the Agency Management System according to policy and procedures, and consistent with MMA professional standards.
* Develop analytical, customer service and communication skills needed to perform as a Client Executive Service.
* Present to Client Service or Sales Executive the financial measures used to predict and analyze plan benefit costs, and the factors which influence those costs and premium rates.
* Under the guidance of the Client Executive Service, participate in prospect and renewal meetings to learn client needs, challenges and concerns.
* Learn best practices to present renewal outcomes to the client and provide recommendations based on the findings with the ultimate goal being to take on these responsibilities.
* Conduct employee enrollment meetings to communicate retirement plan options.
* Respond to and resolve routine issues the client may encounter regarding receipt of retirement services and plan questions.
* Keep Client Executive Service apprised of potential E&O concerns and client dissatisfaction. Strategize with Client Executive Service to develop possible resolutions and proactive solutions to avoid continued or future problems.
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Client Manager must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
* Must possess a strong understanding of Qualified Retirement plan benefits and providers such that this expertise is recognized by colleagues and clients. This level of expertise is generally acquired through 3-5 years of experience providing corporate retirement plan service while at a brokerage firm or provider.
* Bachelor degree strongly preferred plus at least one recognized financial/benefits industry designation.
* FINRA Series 63 & 7. Series 65/66 preferred or willingness to achieve within 12 months of date of hire.
* AIF designation or willingness to achieve within 12 months of date of hire.
* Strong financial analysis technical knowledge and understanding of various investment and group retirement plans, federal and state legislation.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to provide non-technical explanations to technical matters, and summarize and present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and verbal format.
* Maintain a valid unrestricted Life and Disability License in California and meet the continuing education requirements.
* Maintain a valid driver's license and dependable transportation.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to include work experience creating tables, charts, graphs, pivot tables and formulas.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
* Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as use of office equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones. Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* Travel to client sites is required. Usually within driving distance, but occasionally consists overnight stays out of town.
* Extended work hours (10 - 12 hrs/day) required on occasion due to attendance and participation at networking and industry functions that begin well before the workday, and may extend well into the evening.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.