Clerk Accounts Payable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, verifying the coding, verifying or obtaining the proper approvals, investigating/explaining prior balances, promptly and accurately posting all invoices received for each property, and paying the invoices by the due date.
- Verify approval on all applicable invoices
- Code invoices
- Post vendor invoices to the appropriate property in the correct period in System 9900
- Pay vendor invoices by the due date
- Mail or distribute checks as indicated on the invoices
- Update and maintain vendor information in System 9900
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Research paid invoices as requested by supervisor, resort managers, or management.
- Make/scan copies invoices and/or checks as requested by supervisor, resort managers, or management.
- File paid invoices in the correct vendor files.
- File purchase journals and approved cash requirements in the purchase journals binder.
Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of 1099s
- Preparation of bank deposits
- Posting cash receipts
- Preparation of special reports, research, and/or analyses as directed by supervisors and management
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, white out fumes, powder from print cartridges, cleaning supplies and risk of micro waves from micro wave ovens. The work environment is that of a typical office with a moderate noise level. This noise level is created by light foot traffic and office equipment noise such as computers, printers, calculators, phones, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally move or lifts boxes weighing up to 35 lbs.
Qualifications: Two year degree in accounting and or three or more years experience in accounts payable or bookkeeping. Ability to prioritize and multi-task, work independently, and meet deadlines. Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills. Ten-key by touch, proficiency with Excel and Word and automated accounting software.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.