Sr. Product Manager, Processing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
You will drive new capabilities into our core processing platform: define the specifications, lead sprint planning, manage the roadmap, prioritize allocation of development resources, assist in managing releases across multi-tenant microservices. Everything related to card issuance, processing and servicing will be modern, disruptive and scalable. Our modern platform and open API enables custom configurations of card product features that deliver the speed and agility that digital-first banks and fintechs need to diversify and scale in this dynamic sector. Your passion and attention to detail will help identify and drive new capabilities to give more flexibility to our customers in the areas of card processing, platform scaling and other quality initiatives.
Your creative solutions to complex problems and market needs will materially impact the continued revenue growth at Marqeta. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic vision, and commitment to owning products all the way from ideation to post-launch.
We're looking for a hands-on product manager who would own the future of one or more of our processing product capabilities, including solutions like core card transaction processing, transaction controls and real time decisioning, and are well versed with processing traditional as well as emerging payment types, and experience working on a large scale platform or infrastructure.
* Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps, project plans, and product specifications
* Collaborate with revenue teams, partner operations, and engineering as product inputs to assess cross-partner value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features
* Built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
* Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
* Ensure successful product launches by working cross-functionally with revenue teams, marketing, operations, compliance, and engineering
* Own card association mandates, specifications and new offerings, to define use cases and drive the ideation and development of new capabilities
* Assist in the QA process by identifying key use cases and defining priority of identified issues
* Collaborate with product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, training and sales tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan
* 6+ years experience as a product manager or equivalent experience successfully shipping or deploying payments products
* Creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
* Must have understanding of Payment Industry ecosystem, gateway services and security services
* In-depth knowledge of card brand regulations
* Understanding of technologies and products required to bring global payments solutions to market at scale, including experience with ISO 8583 and EMV specifications
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
* Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
* Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and tools
* Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API's, programming languages, and databases
* Do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user issue
Bonus points for
* Experience with reconciliation systems and money moment
* Experience building products within a cards / payments / ledger / regulatory environment.
* Experience with HSMs and key management
* Experience in implementation of solutions processing 100M transactions per day
* Experience managing technical products (SaaS platform services, API/SDK products…)
* Past experience building Fintech products or incredible developer experience
* Experience is agile software development methodologies
* Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
* Flexible Time Off
* Full paid Parental Leave
* Pet insurance
* 401k plan with a Company match
* Competitive pay
* Meaningful equity
* Monthly stipend
* Bi-annual 'Hack Week' to support and reward innovation
* Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
* Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
* Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.