Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT MARINHEALTH a UCSF Affiliate
Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning MarinHealth! Ranked in the top 3% of general hospitals in the country, we have made great strides since returning to our roots as an independent hospital. As Marin County's only acute hospital and a vital resource for a wide range of essential health care services, it is our mission-and our passion-to excel in every medical specialty. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: the resources and medical sophistication of an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital. We have an exceptionally collaborative team that adheres to the highest service excellence standards to ensure that we deliver world-class, personalized care to patients. Our Joint-Commission accredited hospital has won numerous awards and certifications in delivering best-in-class health care in the San Francisco Bay Area.
External hires must pass a background check and medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
The Chaplain will assist the Coordinator of Chaplaincy Programs in all areas of responsibility, i.e., administrative, supervisory, and in provision of direct services to patients, families and friends, and hospital staff persons.
* B.A. or B.S. degree from college or university in the United States, or equivalent from institution outside of the United States.
* Mdiv or equivalent preferred.
* Some undergraduate or graduate work in psychology, counseling, theology, or spirituality preferred.
* One year of experience as an emotional/spiritual caregiver (Chaplain) in an acute care hospital setting, preferred.
* Demonstrated competency in providing emotional/spiritual support to hospitalized patients
* Demonstrated competency in providing emotional/spiritual support to family and friends of hospitalized patients
* Ability to work/function well within the team concept required by the Chaplaincy Department and hospital patient care staff
* Displays positive work ethic and outstanding organizational skills.
* Able to function in fast paced environment.
Prefer 4 Units of Clinical Pastoral Education and/or equivalent recognized or accredited training, i.e., Certified End of Life Counselor, Certified Spiritual Caregiver. Board Certification.
PRIMARY CUSTOMER SERVED (Age Specific Criteria):
(X) Toddlers 1 up to 3 years
(X) Preschool Children 3 up to 6 years
(X) School Age Children 6 up to 12 years
(X) Adolescents 12 up to 18 years
(X) Early Adults 18 up to 45 years
(X) Middle Adults 45 up to 61 years
(X) Late Adults 61 up to 80 years
(X) Late, Late Adults 80 years and up
Employees in this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or service based on the physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned service area.
PATIENT PRIVACY (HIPAA Compliance):
Employees in this position have access to protected health information. The protected health information a person in this position can access includes demographics, date of service, insurance/billing, medical record summary information, and all other information that may be contained in patient records. This position requires patient health information to perform the functions outlined as part of this position description.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL (not modifiable)
* Provide support to staff, patients, their loved ones and family.
* Help to organize special events (Blue Holiday, Blessing of the hands, etc.)
* Help to maintain and support meditation room and garden.
* Serve as the on call or on duty Chaplain for the hospital as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Assist Coordinator of Chaplaincy Programs with public relations activities
* Assist Coordinator of Chaplaincy Programs with some recruitment and teaching activities
* Other duties as assigned