Lead Front Office Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time
About MARINHEALTH a UCSF Affiliate:
MarinHealth Medical Network is a medical foundation representing the physicians, their care teams and office staff, who previously operated under Prima Medical Foundation or the Marin Healthcare District. With a network of clinics across many different medical specialties throughout Marin and Southern Sonoma County, MarinHealth Medical Network functions as an extended family of healthcare advocates who take pride in knowing that we aren't just making a living; we're making a positive impact on the health of our patients and their families. Come and join us in touching and transforming lives every day!
External hires must pass a background check and medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws
The Lead Front Office Coordinator (LFOC) is a critical part of the leadership team for the practice and coordinates with the Lead Medical Assistant, Specialty Services Lead and the Practice Manager. The primary purpose for having a Lead Front Office Coordinator is to provide leadership to the Front Office Coordinator (FOC's) Team and to coordinate the team to better serve both physicians and patients. This position will also be a primary assistant to the Practice Manager. The Lead Front Office Coordinator will fully endorse and enthusiastically support the following tenets:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
In addition to performing all of the regular duties of Front Practice Coordinator, the LFOC will work hand in hand with the Practice Manager and Clinical staff in developing the Front Practice program and duties for the FOC's in the practice. The duties for the LFOC are detailed below:
* The Lead Front Office Coordinator (LFOC) will be responsible for the direct day-to-day oversight of the Front Office Team. This will include but not be limited to:
* Training issues: the LFOC is well versed in all areas of a busy Front Office. The incumbent is able to train and teach new skills to new or less experienced FOC's. This will include oversight and follow-through with all FOC's on the completion of front practice responsibilities, insurance and collection questions, Meaningful Use indices, and pay for performance indices. The LFOC will also assist in interviews and train new employees.
* The LFOC is computer and technology savvy and learns new software well. The LFOC will become Allscripts proficient and be able to assist clinicians and others in the practice to better utilize Allscripts.
* The LFOC keeps abreast of new information and provides support to the FOC's as needed.
* The LFOC, under the direction of the practice manager, oversees the FOC assignments and staffing as needed to ensure appropriate coverage.
* The LFOC works with the management team to improve the overall functioning of the practice.
* The LFOC assists the Lead MA and the Specialty Services Coordinator in managing communications between the front and back practice, with an emphasis in enhancing and improving communication as well as in solving communications problems.
* The LFOC will develop a schedule for Front Office side work.
* The LFOC will assist the practice manager in the development and implementation of new practice polices and 'Best Practices' procedures in the practice.
* The LFOC will assist the Practice Manager and other FOC's with billing concerns and collections issues.
* The LFOC will learn the authorization process for the practice and assist others in managing this process.
* The LFOC will run the staff huddle each week. S/he would be responsible the agenda, follow up and report to the practice manager
* The LFOC or their designee will coordinate the Quick reference guide updating process.
* The LFOC will assist the Practice Management with the development of forms and processes.
* The LFOC will assist the practice Manager with computer and telecom issues.
* The LFOC will assure practice compliance with the following:
* Specialist referral and authorization are in place as needed.
* Recalls are properly being completed
* Best practices are being followed
* Deposits are properly being completed
* The LFOC will actively participate in the hiring, review and disciplinary process for Front practice staff. Feedback will be given to the physicians and Practice Manager as needed.
* Perform all other duties as required or assigned.
* A minimum of 1 year of lead experience in a medical office.
* Experience with, and proficiency in, electronic medical records. Use of Allscripts and GPMS software a plus.
* Experience in surgery scheduling.
* Outstanding Microsoft Office skills.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Demonstrated punctuality, reliability and professionalism.
* Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Demonstrated expertise in tactful and professional communication
* Requires an ability to read, write, do arithmetic, and apply reasoning skills equal to that of the average high school graduate. Must be able to demonstrate accurate data entry and ability to work unsupervised.
We have adopted the following standards of behavior in addition to the job responsibilities listed above so we can create and maintain an optimal workplace environment. Your application for this position assumes you agree with and can maintain the following workplace values:
* Exceptional customer service
* Professionalism on the phone, in person, and with each other
* Respectful communication with patients, vendors, volunteers, and co-workers
* Effective teamwork
* Ability to maintain a safe work environment
* A positive attitude
* A good sense of humor and fun in the workplace
* Support of each other, the patients, and the practice