Perinatal Registered Nurse
Employment Type: Full-Time
Mammoth Hospital is looking for compassionate and collaborative Perinatal Registered Nurse's to join our Labor & Delivery Department.
The Perinatal Registered Nurse initiates a plan of care based on identified medical and nursing diagnosis which are consistent with knowledge of illnesses, injuries, diseases, human behavior and outlined standards of care. The Perinatal Nurse provides safe competent care for the obstetrical patient during labor, delivery, post-partum, the patient pre- and post-op, and the neonate in the nursery.
He/she directs and coordinates with other departments and ancillary personnel to provide a safe environment and a high standard of quality care. We have 3 LDRPs presently taking only low risk patients above 36 weeks gestation. Our hospital delivered 109 babies last year. L&D RNs work 12 hour shifts, 36 hours a week. 2 RNs on per shift and we don't send our staff home. The hospital has full-time anesthesia, excellent RTs, and our Pediatricians attend all C/Ss and high risk births. During downtime in the department, RNs may be asked to be 'helping hands' in other departments.
* Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing, currently licensed to practice in the State of California.
* American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certifications required.
* Fetal Monitoring and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required.
* Minimum 2 years previous Labor and Delivery nursing experience required.
* Full-time and Per diem positions available!
* $5,000 retention bonus paid at 18 months for full-time positions!
* $11.00 per hour night shift differential.
* Temporary housing available for the first 90 days of employment.
* Flexible shifts: 12 hour day and night shifts with some on-call required. Weekend and/or Holiday rotation may be required.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job. An equal opportunity employer.