Operating Room Nurse Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Operating Room Nurse Manager manages and directs nursing care and related activities according to policies and procedures of the hospital, in order to assure the highest quality of patient care possible. This includes responsibility for environment, patients and materials and equipment control. The manager analyzes and evaluates nursing care in the Perioperative unit and coordinates the various nursing services to meet the objectives of the department and the hospital. The incumbent is responsible for equipment and supplies as they pertain to department.
What You'll Do:
* Manages various personnel functions including, but not limited to hiring, training, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and scheduled.
* Effectively delegates projects, work assignments, and tasks to staff with clear expectations of the desired results, explanation of the available resources, and clarification of accountability as work progresses, and clear guidelines to follow.
* Monitors effective and productive use of time and optimal utilization of skills and resources.
* Demonstrates excellent knowledge of and assists in the development of hospital-wide and departmental policies and procedures and serves as a model and resource person for subordinates to ensure the conduct of business in conformance with them.
* Analyzes and evaluates, on a continual basis, all nursing services in the unit in order to improve quality of care given; develops, implements, and evaluates an effective Quality Improvement Program for the nursing unit which interacts appropriately with medical staff and other departments.
Who You Are:
* Excellent leader
* Exceptional communication skills
* Critical thinker and problem solver
* Ability to identify and evaluate problems and implement short-term and long-term solutions
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred.
* Three to five years experience of Operating Room RN experience required.
* One to two years supervisory or management experience preferred.
* State of California Registered Nurse license required.
* Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certifications required.
* Full-time, varied shifts.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job. An equal opportunity employer.