Senior Distribution Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Aquawolf LLC. has immediate need for Senior Distribution Designers to perform of overhead and underground distribution design. The successful candidate will develop designs, construction work packages and material lists for the electric distribution system using various software systems and utility specifications.
Each employee is responsible for ethical and professional behavior in conjunction with their job and day-to-day operations. This position may have direct supervision over other individuals.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
* Design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground distribution systems with neatness and a minimum of errors.
* Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
* Perform design services requiring a full understanding of drawings, specifications, and industry and Company standards covering the assigned work.
* Take a significant role in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications, evaluations, and requisitions.
* Assist in the preparation of engineering calculations.
* Coordinate equipment deliveries and design development to meet project schedules.
* Acquire on-site field data to accomplish the design or to monitor and evaluate equipment performance.
* May perform some project management duties on certain projects.
* Follow QA/QC protocol
* Follow sound project management practice
* Travel to client offices and job sites
Qualifications and Requirements
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certifications & Licenses:
* Minimum 4 years of distribution design experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Must have Valid Drivers License
* Candidate should have a working knowledge of electric utility safe work practices
* In house experience with utility or contractor, or Associates degree or Trade School certification in engineering, drafting, or electrical design is preferred.
* Background as a journeyman lineman or cable splicer is a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects
* Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments
* Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
* Must be able to walk up to 2 miles on unpaved surfaces
* Aquawolf LLC is a new Infrastructure Engineering company looking for motivated candidates to join a dynamic team that strives to become industry leaders in all aspects of engineering.
* Aquawolf offers flexible hours, competitive compensation packages and benefits, in an employee focused environment that supports client and investor growth.
* Must be able to travel up to 10% of time to project sites, client offices, and company offices