Shift Lead, Licensed Cosmetologist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shift Lead, Licensed Cosmetologist
Madison Reed Color Bar Shift Lead is a key component to the daily operational success of their assigned location. Color Bar Shift Leads, demonstrate successful execution of customer service and operations best practices with a leadership perspective. The Color Bar Shift Lead is an ambassador for Madison Reed Color Bar initiatives in accordance with company guidelines.
What you will do:
* Lead by example demonstrating professionalism in every interaction with clients and staff, managing challenging situations as they arise. Support team with but not limited to, consultations, appointments, operational flow, lunches and breaks to ensure accountability and timeliness. Support General Manager through communication of potential areas of opportunity related to staff and operations.
* Open and closing activities in partnership with staff as a designated key holder, maintaining cleanliness, restocking of product & supplies, while ensuring checklists are completed in compliance with all safety and regulatory guidelines.
* Assist in Management of client scheduling, respond to phone inquiries and emails in a timely and professional manor.
* Participate in ongoing trainings to aid General Manager in the execution of new Madison Reed products and Color Bar initiatives. Aid in the education of staff and clients on an as needed basis.
* Availability to work Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays as needed.
Who you are:
* Active cosmetology license - Must be licensed in the state in which you are applying
* 3+ years of experience in a salon; possessing previous operational or management experience.
* Experience in a fast-paced service environment, outstanding and effective communication skills.
* Computer skills, POS (Point of Sale) systems experience highly desired.
* Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will regularly stand/walk for 4 consecutive hours or more at a time; regularly bend and twist at the waist, manipulate fingers and hands, bend wrists and arms, reach with hands and arms, speak, see, hear, and lift/move up to 3 pounds. May on occasion sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, and lift/push/pull up to 20 pounds.
Big on Benefits:
The Perks? Glad you asked...
* 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision (100% EE/50% DEP)
* 100% Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability
* 401k Participation
* Continuing Education Contributions
* HSA Employer Contributions and FSA Options
* Parental Leave Program
* Paid Time Off
* Complimentary Madison Reed Products + Discounts on Color Bar Services
* Company sponsored events
* But wait, there's more…
We are Madison Reed.
We're disrupting a $50 billion industry.
Since 2013, we've offered our clients the option to truly own their beauty with a revolutionary choice-your place or ours? Home or Color Bar? Our professional hair color is truly omnichannel, with the option to order or subscribe through our website, pick up in-store at our Color Bars, or make an appointment at one of our Color Bar locations (over 20 & growing). At our Color Bars, clients can choose from a variety of color services from licensed cosmetologists-permanent hair color, roots only, hair gloss, highlights and more. With our men's line launched in 2020, we're shaking up the $50 billion hair care industry with products that continue to raise the bar for doing hair at home.
We live our values.
Here at our San Francisco headquarters and in every Color Bar, we truly live our values-Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Our values inform everything we do, from how we treat our clients to how we treat every member of our fast-growing team. Our founder & CEO, Amy Errett, has fostered a one-of-a-kind culture based on transparency, accountability, and fun; where diversity and inclusion are of utmost importance and every team member feels supported to succeed.
We are hair color that breaks the rules.
Our commitment to the ultimate client experience, paired with our dedication to product innovation and the latest beauty technology, has attracted a devoted, consistently-growing base of fans, converts, and color evangelists. We love what we do-and it shows.
Join us in our mission to live life colorfully and make personal care more personal.
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.