Visual Support Captain, Topanga - Full Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the 'Academy' for retail careers.
* A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy's.
As a Visual Support Captain, you will support Macy's initiatives through creative merchandise presentations, seasonal fashion trend statements, three-dimensional visual presentations, promotional events, corporate shop concepts and prototypes. The Visual Support Captain creates compelling visual presentations, using placement and composition of mannequins and visual displays to convey current trends and seasonal campaign messages.
* Greet and welcome all customers while on the selling floor.
* Help build a proactive and solution-oriented customer-centric culture by leading a compelling visual presentation in the store
* Ensure presence of Fashion Leadership through thoughtful understanding of trend messaging, seasonal fashion trend statements
* Update and maintain mannequin and visual presentations that upholds the Macy's brand
* Create three-dimensional visual merchandising displays
* Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation, merchandise placement of key items, merchandising standards, proper fixture utilization and merchandising techniques
* Collaborate with, teach and support merchandising teams in their workload completion
* Work with all levels of store partners and in alignment with the Regional Visual and Divisional TIPS leaders
* Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment through maintaining accessibility standards
* Assist people leader with managing workload and/or projects as requested
* Provide feedback and contribute observations via PL
* Meet with People Leader daily to discuss business trends and align on focus for the day
* Perform all applicable sales and/or support duties in addition to the above
* Manager customer service issues to completion as needed
* Lead store activities to ensure customer readiness and exceptional presentation standards. Alert Sales and Customer Experience Manager or Operations and Visual Merchandising Manager of any opportunities that are not aligned with this goal
* Have practical knowledge of store systems ? POS, MPOS, RF equipment, MyClient, MyStore App ? and ability to educate others.
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies
* High School or GED preferred
* 1-2 years experiance
* Visual Merchandising and Display Experience in the retail industry
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
* Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
* Current knowledge of Ready-to-wear, Men's and Home fashions
* Art, design or creative background
* Talent for selling floor creative merchandising
* Ability to create three-dimensional visual merchandising displays
* Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
* Ability to work with all levels of store partners.
* Strong customer service focus
* Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
* May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
* Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
* Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
* Travel Required
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.