Seasonal Holiday Captain, Full Time: Valley Fair
Employment Type: Full-Time
* $300 Sign-On Bonus Opportunity
* Seasonal Performance Bonus
* Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
* Flexible Scheduling
* End of Year Job Placement Opportunities
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Holiday Captain helps deliver the financial plan by driving sales, service and loyalty through the Holiday season. Highly interactive with the seasonal and BSM's, the Holiday Captain is responsible for modeling behaviors and working side by side with the Holiday Seasonal Colleagues. Their responsibilities include being the point person, in conjunction with the BSM's, for overseeing that the training and development is put into place to ensure a high-quality team of seasonal colleagues. The Holiday Captain is highly present and involved on the selling floor helping to redeploy the Holiday Seasonal Colleagues and keep the team moving in response to customer activity, consistently driving productivity and performance. They will help the seasonal colleagues adjust their schedules through the use of the self-service tools and ensure any adjustments made to the schedules are legally compliant. They will also help coordinate end of season reviews and work alongside the ASC/HRBP to ensure the timeliness of the off-rolling process.
* Ensure new hires complete all required orientation and onboarding.
* Actively own associate development after onboarding, ensuring the seasonal colleagues understand how tasks should be completed and utilize best practices to maximize productivity.
* Communicate clear expectations for service/selling/support behaviors.
* Consistently coach by providing on-going, balanced performance feedback. Recognize, reinforce and develop strong skills among the seasonal colleagues.
Floor and People Readiness
* Ensure that the seasonal colleagues are productive with assigned floor duties whether assigned to the selling floor, covering bhelpful/bops or acting as a Customer Host. This includes: selling, merchandising and recovering/filling-in the floor, completing fulfillment picks, supporting the fitting room experience.
* Ensure adherence to asset protection, inventory control, and compliance procedures.
* Require professional readiness of staff in appearance, skill, and attitude.
* Effectively communicate business-driving and procedural information to ensure seasonal colleagues are knowledgeable about promotions and confident in customer interactions.
* Ensure seasonal colleagues understand product location and exhibit the product knowledge required to appropriately guide and sell to the customer.
* Observe, coach and role model customer-centric selling behaviors at all times to drive the consistency and quality of interactions on the floor, and at the b.helpful and BOPs service desks.
* Interact with customers throughout store managing traffic, addressing issues and seeking customer feedback.
* Actively move seasonal colleagues around the building daily to respond to customer activity and maximize sales and productivity.
* Partner with BSM's to ensure key areas of the store have adequate coverage.
* Support total store priorities and establish self as an available and engaged leader.
* Share responsibility and ownership of store family behavior, performance and engagement.
Qualifications and Competencies
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 3-5 years related experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
* Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
* Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
* Requires periods of walking, standing, hearing, talking, reaching with extended arms, crouching and climbing ladders.
* Frequent use of computers and other office equipment.
* Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range