Retail Cosmetics Sales - Fragrances, Culver City Center - Full Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Immediate Openings - Start Right Away!
* Competitive Hourly Rates
* Colleague Weekend Bonus Program - earn up to $2.00 more an hour!
* Schedules to meet your availability!
* Unlimited $500 Referral Bonus Opportunity
* Employee Discount at Macy's AND Bloomingdales
* Opportunities for permanent positions
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the 'Academy' for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy's.
The Fragrance Sales Associate is responsible for providing professional services to customers by selling and demonstrating fragrances and related items, as well as contributing to the success of the department through achieving personal sales goals. Perform other duties as assigned.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
* Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
* Handle all returns courteously and professionally
* Sell brand fragrances and related merchandise according to customer service techniques and professional selling skills
* Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
* Explain and demonstrate use of fragrances through actual application
* Responsible for achieving personal sales goals
* Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales
* Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
* Attend product training classes and seminars
* Ensure proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock
* Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events to maximize sales
* Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs)
* Maintain good housekeeping standards
* Ensure work area is free from hazards and work in a safe manner
* Adhere to Loss Prevention control and compliance procedures
* Be in compliance with all hygiene standards
Qualifications and Competencies:
* No Education or Experience Required
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
* Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
* Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
* May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
* Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
* Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range