Manager, Sales and Customer Service: Hillsdale Shopping Center
Employment Type: Full-Time
Be on the front lines of making the magic of Macy's as part of our store management team: you'll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
As the leader of Sales and Customer Service, you will lead by driving sales and selling with focus on the Macy's customer. All activities related to presenting a clean, neat and organized shopping environment for our customers are under your direction. You will lead initiatives and related efforts to increase customer loyalty, while delivering on Macy's standards for customer service. With training, coaching and development, a team of Colleagues will grow following your leadership. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Drive and exceed sales goals by leading Macy's initiatives through coaching and recognition, while optimizing productivity and efficiency.
* Lead customer service in the store. Ensure colleagues engage with customers and provide a friendly and easy to shop environment.
* Support Manager, Operations & Visual Merchandising to complete all operational activities in store when needed, including Price changes, ad setup/takedown, Merchandising, fulfillment and RTVs driven by Workload Planning Meeting.
* Review Sales and Star Rewards results and strategize action for continued improvement.
* Review and utilize Sales data to provide colleague recognition; develop and communicate strategies to improve results.
* Determine strategies to drive and motivate colleagues to solicit the Star Rewards Program by reinforcing the benefits of new accounts.
* Continue to build the client relationship between Macy's Stylists and customers through MyClient and other customer acquisition initiatives.
* Plan and execute events and community outreach.
* Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis.
* Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of colleagues and establish career progression plans for key players and positions to result in retention of best talent and turnover reduction.
* Actively fill open positions prioritizing internal colleagues in Commission, Specialist and High Level selling areas.
* Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop, coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports; establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support; direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with colleagues.
* Analyze reports in order to strategize and deliver results; implement action plans focusing on deficient areas and highlight growth opportunities.
* Ensure most effective sales floor coverage through the development of workforce solutions and lead selling initiatives throughout the store as needed.
* Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
* High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred, but not required.
* A minimum of 3-5 years retail management in a department or specialty store.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to draft reports and other communications, effectively present to management and internal and external business partners, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Highly organized, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
* Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, and feel.
* Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms.
* Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
* Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Exchange.
* Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
* Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
* Must be proficient in the use of computers and RF equipment.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Help make life