Asset Protection Security Guard, South Coast Plaza - Flex
Employment Type: Full-Time
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Our industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macy's bottom line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development.
The Security Guard's primary responsibility is to deter theft, communicate suspicious activity to the Asset Protection/Loss Prevention Department, maintain a safe business environment, and provide strong customer service. The Security Guard is primarily stationed at customer entrances and monitors customer traffic entering and exiting the store. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Successfully complete all Asset Protection/Loss Prevention training requirements including CPR and First Aid and maintain personal certifications as required by law
* Monitor high shortage areas such as receiving and jewelry as needed; may perform audit functions
* Use two-way communication devices to maintain contact with Store Detectives to ensure store safety
* Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by store leadership
* Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
* Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
* This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
* Extended periods of sitting are also involved.
* Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be involved.
* Involves moving and/or lifting at least 30 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Ability to use restraints in an apprehension.
* Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
Candidates in Colorado: Click here to find Pay Range information and here to learn about Benefits.