Tax Senior Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
General Intro:At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization - giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact.
Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients - from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of - and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
Job DetailsMGO is growing and we are looking for motivated, hard working and dynamic Tax Senior Associate / Accountant with a strong passion for public accounting and tax services to join the team. A career in our public Tax sector will provide you with the opportunities to learn and develop technical skills in order to prep and execute returns of all kinds and industries.
This Tax Senior Associate / Accountant role will perform intermediate level accounting functions related to tax specifications and perform as a lead by assigning work and providing guidance to lower level associates. This person will be responsible for utilizing research skills, applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing, participating in tax planning, recognizing and communicating potential risks, preparing tax accrual workpapers and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review.
Core Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
* Leading Managing and Holding People Accountable (LMA)
* Learn and begin to apply growth process (participates in assigned RC,, pipeline support, COPs, etc.)
* Supervises the engagement (job) project management, billing, ensures QC (technical) standards
* Takes care of the client (meets deadlines, timely communication)
* Develops engagement team (prepares seniors to the next level)
* Understand and be able to explain the reasons behind the firm's policies, procedures and practices and project management techniques.
* Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise lower level associates
* Ensure all work papers are complete, consistent, and contain procedures performed, evidence obtained, and conclusions reached.
* Acquire skills (and/or refine) necessary to develop quality client relationships.
* Identify key issues facing clients and discuss possible solutions to increase quality and efficiency.
* Demonstrate complete command of all firm software.
* Develop a command of GAAP, GAAS, and any other common audit/tax techniques.
* Exhibit strong communications skills (verbal; written; presentation) with lower level associates, management/partners, and clients.
* Provide timely performance and behavior feedback to lower level associates via verbal discussions and/or evaluations.
* Minimum of 2 1/2, but typically 3 +, years of experience in public accounting, corporate accounting and/or tax accounting required.
* Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting or related field required
* CPA preferred, if not a CPA, must meet educational requirements and actively sitting for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy in the state of your preferred office location
* Ability to be flexible in changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
* Ability to act in a responsive manner to client inquires and requests; escalate the more difficult issues as necessary.
* Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Prior basic supervisory experience preferred
* Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
* Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including CCH ProSystems Fx, Axcess Tax, Engagement or other CCH software and comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
Why work for MGO?
MGO's professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference - not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members.
That's why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you're not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.
Want to learn more? Complete an application and so our team can reach out to you directly!