Employment Type: Full-Time
Intermediate cartage operations position performing all aspects of cargo operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
* Verifies piece count and signs off documents; checks in inbound/outbound freight and labels freight.
* Dimensionalizes freight; weighs and reweighs freight.
* Keeps work area and vehicles clean.
* Reads inbound board to determine when consoles should be recovered from airlines; loads and unloads containers or pallets; performs OS&D manifests.
* Works within the protocol of Lynden Air Freight's requirements for cargo handling as well as with other companies where co-located, including aircraft.
* Using computer inputs entries for freight movement. Data Entry, Data Processing.
* Be able to run receiving desk (Receive freight, enter re-weigh and dimensional information into skeleton entry and generate labels for staging cargo), and process shipments through cross-dock program efficiently.
* Documents damage using company guidelines.
* Follows Hazmat protocol when working with shipments.
* Works with internal customers in providing solutions in keeping with company policies and procedures.
* Building airplane skid loads to required specifications.
* Proficient at building scheduled service loads for ocean containers and scanning of all shipments.
* Direct temp employees in unloading and loading of ocean containers.
* Responsible for working in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures.
* May be assigned special projects and other duties.
* Works with forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required.
High school education or equivalent preferred.
Ability to write legibly, especially numbers, and to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer skills to complete on-line forms and input information into data base. Assist with carrier selection and documentation with limited supervision from Night Operations Supervisor
Must be able to pass Security Threat Assessment under TSA regulations.
* Ability to possess and maintain a TSA Security Threat Assessment(STA) with a status of Passed, or a TSA recognized equivalent. TSA recognized equivalents include a Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge, Commercial Driver's License(CDL) with Hazmat Endorsement issued within the 50 States or District of Columbia, the Transportation Worker Identification Card(TWIC), or Free and Secure Trade(FAST) card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. STA's will be submitted by Lynden International upon job offer and renewed thereafter. Recognized equivalents must be current at time of application and successfully renewed by the applicant thereafter.
Intermediate use of MS Office products a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift and move cargo, frequently up to 50 lbs and occasionally up to 100 lbs; frequent walking, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling; Able to handle office and warehouse equipment and tools, or controls; Able to communicate orally and in writing. Wide range of vision abilities required (close vision, distance, color, & peripheral vision, and depth perception). Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and exposed to vibrations. Daily attendance required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical demands of this job based on:
Driving forklifts and using pallet jack and other dock equipment as required. Verifying freight received against shipping manifests Writing dimensions on air waybills Lifting of freight on a continuous basis, up to 50 pounds on a consistent basis.
Environmental conditions affect truck and forklift driving.
Must be able to sucessfully pass drug and background screen.